Right of Way Agent
Company: Coates Field Service, Inc
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Coates Field Service, Inc. is seeking a in-house Right of Way
Agent responsible for acquisition and enforcement of real property
rights required for the operation, maintenance, and expansion of
the transmission, distribution, and communication system
infrastructure. The Right of Way Agent will interface with
government, permitting, and customers on matters related to
franchise or property rights. This full-time position will report
to our client's office in Binghamton, NY. -Primary Duties and
- Investigates, negotiates, acquires, defends, and ensures legal
recording and enforcement of property rights required for electric,
gas, or communication infrastructure for -distribution and
-transmission projects. -
- Documents all communications and correspondence with landowners
including in-person meetings, email, phone, mail.
- Responds to internal and external customer inquiries in matters
related to property rights.
- Prepares or assists in preparing and securing specific state,
highway, railroad, county, town, city, village permits for use of
lands owned by governmental agencies, the public, or other
utilities including tree clearing permits.
- Investigates, negotiates, and acquire -leases, licenses, and
permits for network -infrastructure, staging areas for storm or
construction lay down areas, railroads, canals, and crossing
- Responsible for document management involving legal documents
including: filing, recording, parceling, indexing, and
- Coordinates and processes payments to landowners for certain
property rights through internal SAP system.
- Serves as legal witness as necessary for condemnation or other
- Investigates electric and gas franchise agreements and boundary
- Other job duties and responsibilities as assigned. -Preferred
- Prior electric transmission and distribution project
experience. -Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a Notary Public License
(required for NY).
- Experience drafting and negotiating property rights documents
including rights-of-way, easements, licenses, leases, purchase and
- Clear, concise written and oral communications.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, Google Earth,
- Ability to plot metes and bounds descriptions of property and
read a variety of maps, electronic and paper.
- Ability to evaluate, interpret, and analyze engineering and
- Ability to interpret and research (abstract) legal
- Skilled in property rights research methods, including
courthouse searches for recorded documents and internet research of
- Ability to determine valuation of crops, timber, etc. for
- Must be willing to travel regularly.
- Knowledge of Real Estate principles gained through education
and experience. -Who We Are:Coates has a 72-year history providing
comprehensive land acquisition and right of way services to
municipalities, utilities, energy providers, and oil and gas
companies nationwide. The first firm of its kind, we are widely
recognized as a leader in the land and right of way acquisition
industry. A national corporation, Coates has the depth of knowledge
and the agility to respond to client needs in all 50 states. Coates
is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, with regional offices
located throughout the United States. It is our mission to provide
professional, high-quality, cost-efficient land acquisition and
right of way services our clients need, when and where they need
us.Coates is committed to rewarding the loyalty of the national
team of Coates' Employees. Coates hires the best candidates
available for all positions, without regard to the individual's
race, religion, or sexual preference or orientation. -Coates is an
EOE. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.Coates
offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package, including
medical/dental, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, paid time off,
company paid holidays, and more!Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Coates Field Service, Inc, Binghamton , Right of Way Agent, Sales , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...