Senior Electrical Engineer
Company: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
Posted on: March 15, 2019
OBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
We currently have an opening in our Binghamton, NY office for a Senior Electrical Engineer to support Higher Education and Federal projects, as well as industrial / manufacturing projects, and projects associated with our environmental and water/wastewater business units when needed. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
* Serve as a technical lead electrical engineer. This includes the ability to act as the Engineer of Record and seal project deliverables in accordance with technical signatory approval process, lead the quality review process of work products developed by others, and lead a team of electrical designers and electrical engineers.
* Act as the client interface representing the electrical discipline on multi-disciplinary projects. Act as the project manager on small to mid-scale electrical projects. This includes the ability to interact with the client at the request for proposal stage, develop letter proposals and fee estimates, prepare and deliver presentations to the client, and act as the OBG representative throughout project duration.
* Demonstrate a clear understanding of industry codes and standards, and develop code analysis reports. Preferred code knowledge includes NEC, NESC, IEEE Standards, energy code, and building code.
* Design for electrical power distribution (medium/low voltage), grounding, lighting, fire alarm, communication systems, etc. for commercial, government, industrial, and institutional buildings.
* As a mentor, develop the technical skills of others.
* Prepare technical reports to define projects and provide clients with technical direction.
* Prepare and review power systems analysis reports, including short-circuit, load flow, and arc flash hazard analysis studies. Transient motor starting and power harmonics analysis a plus.
* Participates in relevant professional affiliations.
* Coordinate work on multiple projects to maintain project objectives
* Exceed client needs by motivating and influencing others to deliver client service excellence.
* Verification of field conditions as required to support design and follow-up construction observation visits.
* Engineering support for construction projects
* Stays current with emerging technologies and business practices.
Skills & Qualifications
* BSEE, engaged in lifelong learning to maintain knowledge of contemporary issues.
* 10+ years relevant work experience
* PE license in NYS required
* Experience in the development and management of staff, project management, and business development within a consulting engineering environment preferred
* Leadership: capability to make quick and sometimes tough decisions. Develop opportunities for individuals to work together. Encourages and seeks out feedback.
* Critical Thinking: capability to be able to solve problems as they arise, analyze inefficiencies and refine company procedures.
* Communication: capability to effectively communicate with employees, clients and business partners to create a clear and mutual understanding on common goals, directives and expectations. Possess skills ranging from negotiating, conflict resolution, communications, influencing and coaching.
* Relationship Building: maintains and fosters relationships within, across and external to the organization. Solicits advice, support and commitment that results in smooth transition of change.
* Business Perspective: demonstrates the understanding of OBG s operations and functions, as well as the industry and competitive environment in which it operates to make effective business decisions.
* Resilience: capability to work with multiple employees, department leads and projects/programs, while maintaining one s composure.
* Safety Leadership: creates an environment to enhance OBG s safety culture.
* Innovation: Builds a culture of innovation through employee conversations, discussing on division or brand level meetings, and encouraging participation in company sponsored innovation activities.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc., Binghamton , Senior Electrical Engineer, Professions , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!