Technician - Certified Surgical Instruments
Posted on: February 14, 2019
We Are Hiring Technician - Certified Surgical Instruments - Sterile Processing 001 - FT Evenings - Our Lady of Lourdes Mem Hosp - Binghamton, NYWhy Join Employer? Here at Lourdes, we work together to achieve a highly collaborative interdisciplinary team environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create a change. At Lourdes we offer flexible staffing based on patient volume so staff members don't get overwhelmed. Here at Lourdes, we also offer self-scheduling or flexible shifts, we continually implement new ways to offer associates more and better options. Including, helping to identify areas of improvement daily, our employees also get access to a wide range of learning opportunities and support. To further provide, a highly collaborative work environment that allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care.Come join our team!What You Will Do As a Sterile Processing Technician and an Associate with Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, you are part of our respected allied health professionals. As our Sterile Processing Tech, your important behind the scenes work such as; collecting, decontaminating, storing and distributing surgical instruments will help keep our hospital running safely and efficiently, which in turn helps thousands of patients.In This Role:
- You will operate all sterilizing equipment following regulation directives.
- You will assemble and maintain specific surgical instruments utilized throughout the facility.
- You will perform inventories and reorder instruments and supplies.
- You will perform all required quality assurance tests on equipment and maintains daily records.
- You will decontaminate, sort, process surgical instruments, utensils equipment, etc.
- You will participate in continuing education as required by law.
- You will manage stressful situations & assignments appropriately.
- Using stock rotation, you will, store medical/surgical supplies in designated areas including the removal of outdated items.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Central Service Tech specializing in Sterile Processing credentialed from the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date. If not certified at time of hire or grandfathered. Must meet NYS "diligent & thorough effort" standards.Education & Work Experience:
- HS or Equivalent required.
- One year of healthcare experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Binghamton , Technician - Certified Surgical Instruments, Professions , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!