12G Quarrying Specialist
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: May 29, 2023
As a Quarrying Specialist in the Army National Guard, you'll move mountains, reducing massive rocks to rubble to create gravel and stones for construction projects using explosives and heavy machinery.
The quarrying process begins with blasting rock, and ends with delivering the finished product to a construction site. In between, rock usually goes through two crushing stages and a washing station. Maintenance, repair, and upkeep of the machinery are also a part of this specialty.
• Operate air compressors, pneumatic tools, hydraulic-powered rock drills, rock crushers, and screening equipment
• Run the support equipment during crushing and screening (e.g. generators, conveyors, light sets, and pumps)
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
• Operation of different types of equipment
• Maintenance and repair of equipment
• General construction principles
• Interest in operating quarry construction equipment
• Preference for working outdoors
• Interest in explosives and blasting techniques
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with building contractors, state highway agencies, rock quarries, well drillers, or construction firms.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Quarrying Specialist consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT), including practice operating construction equipment. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
Other Job Information
Job ID: 5894
ZIP Code: 13905
Job Category: Engineer
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35 Quarry geology geologist trade journeyman master
Keywords: Army National Guard, Binghamton , 12G Quarrying Specialist, Professions , Binghamton, New York
here to apply!