Asphalt Plant Laborer - Binghamton
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Subsidiary: Barrett Industries
Barrett Paving Materials Inc.---is one of the companies that
operates within Barrett Industries Corporation, the Colas USA
subsidiary that operates primarily in Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania,
and New York. Barrett Paving is a leader in heavy civil
construction with a vertically integrated value chain which
includes aggregate production, hot mix asphalt plants, asphalt
paving services, and a wide range of road construction work. We
engage in heavy civil and commercial construction projects in
counties throughout Upstate NY, specializing in airport and highway
work. The mission of Barrett Paving has been to strengthen and grow
by empowering our people, fostering innovation, and utilizing new
technology. To learn more about Barrett Paving visit
Throughout Colas USA, we provide competitive pay, outstanding
benefits, career advancement opportunities, professional education,
and extensive training for every employee. We pride ourselves on
upholding the highest standards of safety, environmental
conservation, and ethical conduct as we strive to grow our
infrastructure products and services through empowering and
developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new
technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of
the company's value chain. To learn more about the Colas USA Family
of Companies, please visit www.colasusa.com.
Barrett Paving, and the rest of the Colas USA Family of Companies,
is part of the Colas Group, the worldwide leader in transportation
infrastructure construction and maintenance. For information on our
international network visit www.colas.com.
Barrett Paving Materials Inc., a leader in heavy highway
construction since 1854 and a Colas company since 1979, has an
opening for an energetic Asphalt Plant Laborer for Central New
York. The preferred candidate will be experienced in quarry or
asphalt plant work. Our operating market includes Central, Southern
parts of New York.
* Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety
policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment
for the task.
* Properly follow all company policies and OSHA regulations for
safe working procedures and environment.
* Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations
for each specific project.
* Maintain grounds (grass weeds, fences, gate areas and rails/rail
* Operate and maintain various vehicles, machinery and other
equipment used at the site.
* Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
* Responsible for upkeep of tools and work area.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background
* Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
* Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration
* Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors and the general public at all times.
* Report to work at the designated start time.
* Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
* Be able to work overtime when required.
* Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and
* Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined
in the Employee Handbook.
* Must have valid driver's license and meet the qualifications of
the fleet safety program.
* Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist
co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
* Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations
and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
* Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working
* Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Previous related experience in asphalt manufacturing, concrete
manufacturing or the construction field is preferred.
Colas Inc. and its subsidiaries (Barrett Paving Materials Inc.) are
an Equal Opportunity Employer. For details on the specifics of this
commitment, please click here to view the EEO document. If you need
an accommodation to access the information provided on this
website, please contact Colas Inc. 973-290-9082 or send an email to
Nearest Major Market: Binghamton
Keywords: COLAS, Binghamton , Asphalt Plant Laborer - Binghamton, Professions , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!