Company: TSC CONSTRUCTION
Posted on: May 14, 2022
TSC is an industry leading Specialty Contractor providing
Construction Crews and Management to install wireless equipment on
communications structures. TSC is looking for a Tower Technician
that will effectively and safely perform work in a manner
consistent with TSC's Industry's Standards when working on cellular
communication sites.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Following all applicable OSHA and TSC safety rules and
- Understand and strictly adhere to safety and quality guidelines
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at
elevated heights. Impacted equipment will be mounted on various
structures such as guyed towers, lattice towers, monopole towers,
water towers, stealth towers and rooftops.
- Observe and report possible compound / equipment defects or
- Ensure that Job Hazard Assessment (JHA) requirements are
identified, documented and followed.
- Accurately follow instructions and complete assigned course of
action in accordance with scope of work and methods of procedures
(MOPs) and track work via checklists.
- Accurately and timely document job costs, including labor hours
- Read customer blueprints and execute scope of work per the
- Identify potential add-on sales to increase company
- Troubleshoot, upgrade and expand existing major cellular
carrier networks / sites.
- Cellular Radio and Antenna Swaps, Legacy cable plant upgrades
from Coaxial to Fiber, Site Upgrades and Capacity Expansion.
- Conduct pre and post work site audits.
- Serve as a rescue climber if needed.
- Other duties as assigned..
- Minimum years of experience: (1 - 2 Years of Tower Climbing
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid Driver's License,
and meet TSC's driver eligibility criteria in order to drive an TSC
- Must successfully complete DOT certification within 90 days of
employment, and required DOT medical exam post-offer,
- Must take and pass a pre-employment, post-offer drug test and
adhere to random drug testing policy, as permitted by state and
- Must successfully complete and pass a pre-employment,
post-offer background check, including criminal history check,
employment history check, and education verification, among other
things; TSC will consider criminal history in a manner consistent
with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Must successfully complete TSC's tower training program at
- Must be able to travel outside home market up to 50% of the
time; but amount of travel could be higher depending on customer
projects and business needs.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours, to
include nights and weekends, when needed.
- Must be willing to serve in an on-call rotation.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
without continuous supervision with the desire and ability to learn
and retain new knowledge.
- Must be a team player and have excellent interpersonal
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in the English
language for safety reasons.
- Ability to exercise flexibility in challenging and / or
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and
demanding work environment.
- Must have high level of computer proficiency, including a
working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Understanding of basic mechanical terms and tools.
- The ability to use hand tools, power tools and industry test
- Ability to learn and retain physical and mechanical
- Must have own transportation to get to the job site if
- Previous knowledge of networking principals, Ethernet
standards, power systems, cable testing, and industrial
construction is a plus.Physical Requirements:
- Must meet certain weight requirements post-offer,
pre-employment and during employment in order to comply with
equipment manufacturers' safety standards for working at heights;
maximum weight to be qualified to climb upon hire is 250
- Waist circumference must not exceed 60 inches measured at the
navel as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
- Ability to climb tall structures with a load of up to 25 pounds
while working at altitudes of 300+ feet.
- Ability to lift and carry materials that weigh up to 40 pounds
for 6-8 hours per work day.
- Must be able to work at heights from an aerial work platform
(AWP) such as man-lifts, boom trucks, cranes & other approved
- Ability to identify all colors associated with
telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights.
- Ability to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of
- Ability to push and pull materials and equipment for extended
periods of time.
- Ability to stand, walk and climb for extended periods of
- Perform repetitive movements for extended periods of time.
- Ability to drive long distances on and off road.
- Ability to perform these duties in all weather conditions and
climates including heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including,
but not limited to: rooftops, confined spaces, and all types of
Keywords: TSC CONSTRUCTION, Binghamton , Tower Technician, Professions , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!