Fusion Technician I
Company: Core & Main
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Job SummaryOperate equipment that fuses piping. This position
requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and
such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average
work week. If selected for this position, Core & Main will run a
Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position
is an acceptable MVR report. -Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Determines appropriate method and equipment necessary to
- Provides and installs custom HDPE piping systems and repair
- Electro fuses and structure welds. Inspects and maintains
- Communicates with customers to assess needs.
- Identifies installation and repair needs.
- Determines if final product meets quality control
- Transports equipment to job site. Operates field equipment and
- Responsible for 24 hour on-call repair emergencies.Nature and
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.Work Environment
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of
which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicableEducation
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in electro fuse and structure welding.
- Knowledge and experience in service and operation of McElroy
fusion equipment. About Core & MainBased in St. Louis, Core & Main
is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire
protection products in the United States. Operating approximately
275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with
a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities
innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure.
Core & Main's 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe
distribution of water and fire protection to help communities
thrive. Visit to learn more. Core & Main is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on
a person's merit and qualifications directly related to
professional competence. - Core & Main does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed,
color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age,
disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition
(including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard
to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by
law.None of the questions in this application are intended to
elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor
imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based
upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.For
more information, please click or visit
Keywords: Core & Main, Binghamton , Fusion Technician I, Professions , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!