Posted on: May 7, 2022
Avangrid is seeking a -Construction Manager -to join their team
in Binghamton, NY -location.PurposeThe Construction Manager is
responsible for coordinating construction and commissioning
(functional testing included) activities between several projects,
with objectives of safety, quality, timeliness andcost effective
completion on behalf of the Affiliates of AVANGRID located in
Maine, New York, and Connecticut.Responsibilities
- Provide management and responsibility for performance of Field
Construction Managers for the construction and commissioning of
electric lines and substation projects.
- Determines the contract resource requirements, service
specifications and manages contractor performance.
- Work with Field Construction Managers related to coordination
of field inspections and sign offs for construction projects
including environmental or agricultural.
- Ensure all functional testing is complete at job sites in
preparation of commissioning of the facilities.
- Manage performance of outsourced Construction companies to
ensure adherence to safety, quality, schedules, budgets, cost
effective means and methods.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and under budget.
- Develop, review, and evaluate contracts and agreements
affecting the project execution and functional area operations and
make appropriate recommendations.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with permit conditions.
- Lead resolution in a timely manner to proactively resolve
problems and coordinate activities with the field construction
- Responsible to works with project team ensure that construction
management is integrated into the planning, scheduling, cost
tracking, construction, installation, sequencing and testing and
commissioning, and acceptance activities.
- Ensure Field Construction Managers obtain all construction
materials and material handling plans are established and properly
managed and reported.
- Responsible for the coordination of construction schedules with
the other functional areas within the company.
- Provides constructability feedback on electrical, mechanical,
protection and civil construction standards.
- Research, recommend, and implement changes as necessary to be
aligned with AVANGRID Standards and Business Area goals and
- Responsible for timely resolution of disputes and prioritize
business requirements to ensure projects are completed on time and
- Provide accurate inputs related to the budget process to
providing field estimates, resource needs, and oversight of the
- Participate in the construction projects negotiations and joint
planning efforts with other utilities.
- Lead overall site activities address or remedy electrical
system emergencies as necessary.
- Proactively identify construction risk during the planning,
execution and construction phases and eliminate risks and execute
risk mitigation plans.
- Perform special studies, alternatives and risk analyses and
cost estimates as necessary.
- Adhere to company policies, programs, and procedures as well as
Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), Federal Energy Regulatory
Commission (FERC), North American Electric Reliability Corporation
(NERC), New England and New York Independent System Operators.
- Safety: Maintain safety awareness and ensure contractors comply
with all safety policies, practices, and procedures to assure a
safe working environment at the construction site. Properly wear
and care for applicable safety gear and equipment. Identify and
communicate unsafe conditions to Contractors, Project Manager and
assure safety concerns and issues are resolved.
- Ensure all field construction managers are managing the project
and construction resources within the schedule and budget.Skills
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or Construction Management
with 7 years relevant experience preferred
- Associates Degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant
experience or High School/GED with the completion of the relevant
progression program and 15 years relevant experience required
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive related electric utility
industry experience, with electric line or substation facilities
construction management experience preferred
- 3 years' experience in a supervisory capacity preferred
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Extensive knowledge of construction management practices
applicable to electrical utility lines and substation construction
including commissioning of electrical equipment
- Extensive knowledge of interconnected electrical system
- Knowledge of government regulations, including OSHA, NESC, NEC
and industry codes affecting electric utilities
- Knowledge of contract preparation, negotiations, and
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and administration
- -Working knowledge of best practices in safety policies and
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be willing to travel to construction sites on a day to day
basis, attend meetings
- Demonstrated ability to make competent decisions in emergency
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret
mechanical/electrical drawings, and technical manuals
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including
correspondence, reports, and other business documents
- Effective leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Results orientedAbout the CompanyAVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR)
aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United
States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion
in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two
primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid
Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas
utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and
New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of
renewable energy generation facilities across the United States.
AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized
by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies -
a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number
one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment
and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.'s
Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World's Most
Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the
Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit This job has been
posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is
committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and
equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is
the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color,
national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed,
disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local
Keywords: Avangrid, Binghamton , Construction Manager, Professions , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!