Fleet Maintenance Manager
Company: First Transit
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Fleet Maintenance Manager - Servicing Cortland Transit First
Transit is seeking a Maintenance Manager to supervise the
maintenance and repair of a fleet of 28 Ford, Freightliner & IC
revenue & service vehicles to company and Cortland Transit contract
requirements. This role supervises two technicians. First Transit
is proud to offer:
- Attractive salary based on experience & qualifications
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America.
- Full benefits packages with paid holidays & vacation, medical,
vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment. Fleet Maintenance Manager
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in
troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability
of vehicles for service with dispatch and other operations
- In relation to subordinates, is responsible for hiring, firing,
recommending salary increases or decreases, training and employee
development, planning and directing the work, disciplining,
handling employee complaints or grievances, and handling
- Works closely with the location manager and region maintenance
management providing status of maintenance and budget requirements.
May review financial and budget variances, review repair orders or
code and approve account payable documents.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with Client, State,
Federal and Company requirements. Ensures a safe environment exists
and that all maintenance and related activities are in conformance
with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews repair orders.
- Travels across New York State and works closely with outside
vendors to help with service in other parts of the state.
- May order fuel for vehicles, order parts, and subcontract
- Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency
and/or reduces operating costs.
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are trained on current
operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that
the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and
cost effective manner.
- Supervises bus fueling. May arrange services for building and
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform
hands-on work activities. Fleet Maintenance Manager requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Technical training
- 5+ years of experience of vehicle maintenance management
- Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel vehicles;
bus experience preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong organizational and shop planning skills
- Subject to a drug test First Transit is a leading provider of
transportation contract and management services, moving more than
350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than
19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route,
paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations
at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama
and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer
service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in
the industry. FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los
Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-MM1
Keywords: First Transit, Binghamton , Fleet Maintenance Manager, Professions , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!