Community Care Specialist
Company: Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth
Posted on: November 5, 2019
Join Our Mission
The Community Care Specialist provides intensive interaction and
support to youth and families in need of extra assistance on a
one-to-one basis through recreational, educational, cultural and
social activities. The position is responsible for assisting the
team with supervising, counseling, teaching and supporting
children, families and foster families as needed.
* Provide individual treatment and supportive services to youth and
families including but not limited to role modeling in the home and
community, assistance with homework and/or participation in related
education activities, and others as identified in the treatment
* Participate in development of individual service plans.
* Conduct family team meetings with families to discuss on going
decision making process etc.
* Function as an advocate on behalf of youth with community
agencies and facilitate linkages of children and families to
* Maintain regular communication with guardians, foster parents,
and/or biological parents of youth. Assist with youth supervision
and provide transportation to youth and families as needed.
* Collaborate with service providers including but not limited to
DSS and Mental Health Clinic to ensure the best service
* Document status and progress made on all goals including but not
limited to; educational, vocational, social/emotional, behavioral
and personal matters. Completes all reports in timely manner.
* Minimum High School diploma required; Associate's degree
* Minimum 1 year experience working with youth and families
preferred. Experience working in not for profit preferred.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including various hours,
nights, weekends and holidays and on call hours.
* Valid Driver's License required dependent upon region
* Travel is required
* Navigating City Public Transportation, may be required, dependent
* Ability to work with economically and culturally diverse
* Skills: organizational and communication skills including
attention to detail, oral and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth, Binghamton , Community Care Specialist, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!