Technologist - Cytology - Binghamton
Posted on: March 9, 2019
We Are Hiring Technologist - Cytology - Lab Histology Anc 001 - FT Days - Our Lady of Lourdes Mem Hosp - Binghamton, NYSchedule: Flexible. We can consider someone who will work full time, per diem or part-time.Why Join Ascension? Lourdes Hospital, part of Ascension, has provided compassionate care to those in need since 1925. In Binghamton, N.Y., the main hospital campus includes a Hospice Program, an Ambulatory Surgery Center, and a Regional Cancer Center. Reaching beyond these boundaries, Lourdes has established a network of primary care physicians at convenient sites throughout the region. The Mission In Motion program, which provides primary care and cancer screening services through two mobile medical vans, makes healthcare accessible to rural populations. What You Will Do As an Associate with Our Lady of Lourdes Mem Hosp-N, you will have the opportunity to perform clinical diagnostic studies and evaluations of cellular material from all body sites.You will:
- Performs routine screening of cell specimens, reports results and documents daily workload records.
- Processes specimens for analysis according to specifications related to the type of specimen.
- Performs quality control assessment, equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- May assist in the collection and processing of fine needle aspiration specimens.
- Will ensure compliance with cytology standards for NYS & CAP
- Serves as a resource in their area of expertise
- Ensures turnaround time is met for the clinical area
- Provides feedback to supervisor on policies, procedures, protocols for testingWhat You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Clinical Laboratory Technologist specializing in Cytologist credentialed from the New York State Education Department Office of Professions obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Cytology Required.
- Up to three (3) months experience on the job preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Associated topics: bilingual, care, care physician, clinic, hospitalist, nocturnist, physician md, practice, practitioner, primary
Keywords: Ascension, Binghamton , Technologist - Cytology - Binghamton, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!