Senior Mechanical Engineer - Mission Systems
Company: Rockwell Collins
Posted on: February 5, 2019
Requisition ID: 15661--Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? --Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America---s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then--Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a--Senior Mechanical Engineer - Mission Systems--to join our team in Binghamton, NY (2310). A comprehensive relocation package is--available for qualified candidates.--Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It---s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.Job SummaryPerforms a wide variety of highly complex mechanical engineering design and analysis tasks which requires knowledge of engineering theory and principles to determine design solutions for electronic, electromechanical and optical equipment/systems. Tasks require knowledge of material properties, fabrication processes and thermal/structural analysis techniques and/or Mechanical Computer Aided Engineering (MCAE) tools. Uses independent judgment to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision.Job Responsibilities- Individual will be responsible for designing and developing 3-D model designs for fabrication drawings, assembly drawings, installation drawings and generation of parts lists for manufacturing, using CAD computer tools.- Typical design areas include: sheet metal panels, sheet metal enclosures, milled/turned parts, rack and equipment packaging, simulated aircraft panel assemblies, environmental system design, simulated vehicle control loading design, facility installation, integration of larger systems into the training device.- Design in commercial off the shelf (COTS) products into integrated systems- Design and produce documentation per company standard- Individual may create engineering specifications or Statements of Work (SOW) and interface with third-party vendors, who provide components used in simulator designs.- Individual will provide status to a Cost Account Manager (CAM) monthly for: estimate of task completion and estimate to complete- Individual is to support designs from start to finish and is required to support manufacturing and test directors during all levels of integration.- The candidate will be self-motivated, able to organize and manage their assignments independently.- Ability to develop tasks and direct other team members to complete a larger task.- May lead a project team of Mechanical, Electrical, and Designers on a Program- Will interface with other Engineers and larger Program Team.- Individual will support customer reviews and meetings. - Relationships - Able to interface well with multiple engineering and operations disciplines on a daily basis.- Agility - Can easily change focus between high level system concepts and low level design details.- Analysis - Demonstrates the ability to provide a logical, in-depth analysis of a problem or situation.- Cooperation - Recognizes that individual goals and team goals to contribute toward accomplishing teams outcomes.- Dependability - Demonstrates the ability to follow through with work assignments and support management's policies and procedures.- Drive - Displays energy, persistence, and a positive attitude when working on most projects.- Judgment - Bases decisions on factual information and considers alternative courses of action before reaching decisions.- Listening - Consistently practices attentive and active listening and can accurately restate the opinions of others.- Relationships - Develops relationships with others that are based on trust.- Writing - Produces documentation, reports, and proposals that are clearly and concisely written.- Customer Service Orientation - Generally applies fundamental service techniques and adheres to proper customer procedures when interacting with customers.- Time Management - Maintains a daily to-do list which helps to prioritize schedule.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Experience with SolidWorks 2017, or equivalent 3D CAD tools: Ability to create Parts, Assemblies, and associated drawings to ASME Y14.100 and Company Standards.
- Experience with utilizing MS Office Applications.
- U.S. Citizen with ability to get clearance if necessary at a future timeDesired Qualifications:
- Training Simulator Design Experience
- Working Military Contract Experience ---Current Product/Project Information:------Product developed in Binghamton: Individual will be part of a project team responsible for designing and developing air and ground vehicle Flight and Maintenance Training Simulators for military and civilian use. Current Project is working on a series of Maintenance Trainers for a US Navy aircraft.
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.--And that---s just for starters.--Some of our competitive benefits package includes:--
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more--Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!--Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer.--All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender,--sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Keywords: Rockwell Collins, Binghamton , Senior Mechanical Engineer - Mission Systems, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!