Environmental Services Aide
Company: United Health Services
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Environmental Services Aide, BGH Hospital United Health Services
is seeking an Environmental Services Aide to join our Wilson
Medical Center team in Binghamton, NY. This is a benefits-eligible
position. Shift: Evenings Hours per week: 24 Salary range: $15.00 -
$20.25/hour, depending on experience Environmental Services Aide
Position Overview The Environmental Services Aide is responsible to
maintain an assigned area in a clean, safe and sanitary condition
by following prescribed cleaning techniques. The Environmental
Service Aide is also responsible for following all prescribed
safety standards. UHS Binghamton General Hospital holds 220 beds
and provides general medical clinic services such as surgical,
rehabilitative, and emergency care to the people of greater
Binghamton. It offers 24-hour emergency care and operates such
major regional programs as orthopedic surgery, bariatric care,
wound care, physical therapy and rehabilitation services, chemical
dependency treatment service, behavioral health program, sleep
center and gastroenterology laboratory at our medical clinic.
Environmental Service Aide Responsibilities and Expectations
- Demonstrates knowledge of, performs, and meets quality
standards for routine daily floor care, waste/linen handling and
cleaning of all assigned areas following prescribed 10 Step
- Follows infection control guidelines to include Universal
Precautions, isolation precautions, proper use of PPE and effective
- Follows all safety and guidelines while performing duties to
include proper use of PPE, safe handling of chemicals, floor care
equipment, linen/waste carts, furniture moving equipment, proper
wet floor sign use and reporting of safety concerns.
- Maintains all EVS Equipment, Supplies, Janitor Closets, EVS
Equipment rooms, trash and linen chute rooms to required
- Changes cubicle curtains and drapes as needed.
- Proper use of electronic devices for communication purposes, to
include completing patient flow responsibilities for communicating
with bed tracking system.
- Performs meeting room set ups, office furniture moves, and bed
moves as assigned.
- Follows all regulatory requirements when handling, transporting
and packaging regulated medical waste, municipal waste, linens and
- Completes required logs and paperwork for all essential job
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and follows, department policies and
procedures. Position Qualifications Minimum:
- Ability to comprehend and follow oral and/or written
instructions in order to follow and identify precautions, hazardous
material labeling, and other safety related written materials.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. One to two years
housekeeping/environmental services and floor care experience.
Employee Benefits at United Health Services When you work at United
Health Services, you become part of our family. Were proud to offer
competitive benefits and compensation to our employees who make an
impact every day.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Voluntary benefits, including cancer, pet, and life
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match model
- Immediate accrual of paid time off
- Wellness program rewards and insurance discounts
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP) counseling and concierge
- Free, extensive online training through HealthStream
- Tuition reimbursement and education incentive programs to
further your education, particularly in nursing or allied health
fields About United Health Services United Health Services is a
not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people
in Upstate New Yorks Southern Tier region. We offer integrated
healthcare services across 60 locations, including four hospitals,
three walk-in centers, and 22 primary care offices, in addition to
home care services and senior living facilities. The United Health
Services system employs more than 6,300 people and comprises 600+
providers who are all committed to providing and supporting the
delivery of exceptional patient care. United Health Services
employees and providers are LOVED! This means were Living Our
Values Every Day. Here, youll join a team that is dedicated to
values-based, coordinated patient care. Every day, we outwardly
live our Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and
Innovation. United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity
Employer. United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS
System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor
approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health
Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their
affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
Keywords: United Health Services, Binghamton , Environmental Services Aide, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!