Direct Support Professional - Residential
Company: ACHIEVE of NY
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Position: Direct Support Professional Residential (various
locations in Broome, Chenango, & Tioga counties)
Are you seeking meaning and purpose in your work life? Do you want
to help people discover their unique abilities, promote
independence, create friendships, and make a difference every day?
ACHIEVE has immediate human services openings for caring staff
members who want to positively impact the people we serve!
A Direct Support Professional works as a part of our Site Based
Services team: ACHIEVE offers residential opportunities through
both 24-hour supervised homes, and supportive apartments in Broome,
Chenango, and Tioga Counties. These houses provide a home for
people with varying levels of developmental disabilities while also
providing support during community activities and work.
These are a few of the things a Direct Support Professional will
- Provide training and assistance to the people who receive
services in order to help them develop and/or improve independent
living skills such as cooking, housekeeping, laundry skills,
grocery shopping, etc.
- Provide assistance and training to people who receive services
to assist them in developing and/or improving personal care skills;
i.e. showering, tooth brushing, toileting, bathing, etc.
- Providing training in money management such as budgeting,
banking and making appropriate purchases.
- Administering medications and documentation according to
- Accompanying people who live in the homes to the grocery stores
and other stores for on-site training in purchasing.
- Transporting people who receive services and assisting with
appointments, recreational and/or other activities as needed.
These are some Special Requirements of a Direct Support
- A valid driver's license and good driving record acceptable to
the Agency's insurance carrier.
- Obtaining and maintaining certification in Medication
Administration, CPR, First Aid and SCIP (this training and
certification is provided by ACHIEVE.)
These are the Qualifications needed for the position. Prior
experience is not necessary:
High School Graduate or GED with some knowledge of or experience
working with developmentally disabled preferred.
A combination of education and experience that in the opinion of
the reviewing agency meets or exceeds the above standards of the
What attributes are we seeking???
Someone who has initiative and is: caring, respectful, positive,
dependable, punctual, and likes to work as part of a close team.
Prior Human Services experience is beneficial, but not
What do we have to offer in return???
In addition to a competitive wage, ACHIEVE is pleased to provide a
full benefit package to full-time employees hired to work 30 or
more hours per week.
- Shift Differential for Overnight Staff
- Medical: Generous Employer Contribution
- Dental: choice of 2 plans
- Vision: choice of 2 plans
- Group Term Life Insurance - 100% Company Paid
- Long Term Disability - 100% Company Paid
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - 100% Company Paid
- 401-K Retirement Plan
- Cellular Telephone Discounts
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays - 11
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Several VOLUNTARY Plans available, such as Medical Bridge Plan,
Critical Illness Protection, Accident Indemnity, Short Term
Disability, Optional Term Life Insurance
Keywords: ACHIEVE of NY, Binghamton , Direct Support Professional - Residential, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!