Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Instron, we build products that ensure safety critical devices
and materials stay togetherby tearing them apart! We are a global
organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services
material testing systems. Our systems are trusted by 95% of the
worlds largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data,
informing the design of materials and components.
Due to continued growth, Instron has multiple opportunities for
skilled machinists to work in our busy Binghamton based machining
center. Key responsibilities include:
- Set up and operation of CNC machines to machine complex parts,
working from blueprints and following program readouts.
- Observes performance of tools and makes necessary changes and
adjustments, including tool offsets.
- Constantly monitors proper operation of machine and quality of
parts. Uses measuring and inspection equipment such as micrometers,
scales, verniers, micro-hite digital measuring system, and depth
gauges to check parts to specification with assistance from
supervision and higher-level machinists.
- Performs secondary operations such as drilling and de-burring
if machine cycle permits extra activities.
- Responsible for keeping tools, work area, and equipment in a
safe, clean, and orderly condition.
Successfully candidates will have machining experience together
with the following:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, without
direct supervision or written instruction.
- Demonstrates flexibility and a willingness to learn.
- Positive attitude and focus on always working safely.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, program readouts,
and set-up instructions. Knowledge of basic shop math, usually
associated with a technical high school education.
- Knowledge of all required measuring tools and the ability to
use them properly. Understanding of machine shop and N/C terms,
normally acquired in a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Mechanical ability and manual dexterity to be able to perform
all required duties with ease.
Take this opportunity to join a professional and successful team
where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy
competitive pay and generous benefits that includes health, dental,
life and LTD insurance, paid parental leave, 401k (with match), and
a generous tuition reimbursement program. We are pleased to offer
you a sign on bonus of $1,000. This bonus will be paid in one lump
sum after 90 days of employment. This signing bonus is taxable, and
all regular payroll taxes will be withheld.
Instron is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.by
Keywords: Itw, Binghamton , CNC Machinist, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!