Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Instron, we build products that ensure safety critical devices
and materials stay together---by tearing them apart! We are a
global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services
material testing systems. Our systems are trusted by 95% of the
world's largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data,
informing the design of materials and components.
Due to continued growth, Instron has an opportunity for a skilled
Electromechanical Assembler to work in our busy Binghamton based
machining center. Key responsibilities include:
- Assembles grips and accessories from engineering drawings, work
instructions, and bills of material. Troubleshoots and tests
assemblies to specifications.
- Uses a variety of tools such as torque wrenches, sockets,
screwdrivers, and pneumatic tools.
- Troubleshoots assemblies to Instron specifications. May test to
a fixture; judges proper operation. Makes assembly adjustments
- Maintains a clean and efficient work area.
- Assists the Quality team in troubleshooting mechanical problems
encountered during systems check to ensure system is functioning
Successfully candidates will have assembly experience together with
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, without
direct supervision or written instruction.
- Demonstrates flexibility and a willingness to learn.
- Positive attitude and focus on always working safely.
- Able to read and comprehend assembly drawings and bill of
material. Must be able to follow assembly blueprints, and work
instructions. This is normally acquired through attainment of a
technical high school education.
- Good mechanical aptitude and the ability to recognize and use
tools normally utilized in the manufacture of medium to heavy
electro-mechanical equipment, i.e., overhead cranes, chains,
straps, torque wrenches, indicators, etc. This is normally acquired
in 2-3 years of electro-mechanical assembly experience.
- Good working knowledge of hardware, basic measuring tools,
along with the communication skills necessary to properly function
in a manufacturing environment.
Take this opportunity to join a professional and successful team
where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy
competitive pay and generous benefits that includes health, dental,
life and LTD insurance, paid parental leave, 401k (with match), and
a generous tuition reimbursement program. We are pleased to offer
you a sign on bonus of $1,000. This bonus will be paid in one lump
sum after 90 days of employment. This signing bonus is taxable, and
all regular payroll taxes will be withheld.
Instron is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
Keywords: Instron, Binghamton , Electromechanical Assembler, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!