Customer Service Representative (Kirkwood, NY)
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Avangrid is seeking a Customer
Service Representative to join their team in their Kirkwood, NY
This position will give you exposure to
the evolving energy industry working independently and in a team
setting. We offer a fast-paced environment, generous pay,
healthcare, education reimbursement, retirement savings plan, and
opportunities for career advancement. As a Customer Service
Representative (CSR) you will handle all phases of customer
inquiries received by telephone, correspondence (written, email,
and chat); and process applications for service and extension of
facilities. You will respond to customer inquiries and complaints
(bill payment, usage inquiries, account updates, service, credit
and collections) in a customer focused manner. All CSR employees
will respond to inbound service emergencies; this position requires
strict attendance in a storm role.
- Resolves customer problems and complaints utilizing established
procedures and policies, which include regulatory guidelines.
Records entries of customer transactions into set operating
- Provides account information to customers and explains bill
service policies and customer rights.
- Conducts credit and collection work as necessary, including
deposits, and final/charge off collection.
- Performs evaluations, and investigates, analyzes, and resolves,
where possible, billing problems.
- Initiates service orders, Work Management System (WMS) orders,
and performs associated action as requested.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and escalate complex
cases as necessary.
- Other customer service duties as required, including operation
of a two way radio.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
- Associate Degree, BA/BS in related field of study is
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, with strong
customer service orientation.
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks for multiple customers in a
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to work flexible schedule, as well as be available during
- Works well within a team.
- MS Office skills.
- Must be pre-qualified for this position. Applicants may take
pre-qualification test at the time of posting.
- This is a Union position with a probationary period.
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to
be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States.
Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in
assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary
lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables.
Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities,
serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New
England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of
renewable energy generation facilities across the United States.
AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized
by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies -
a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number
one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment
and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s
Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most
Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the
Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit
This job has been
posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is
committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and
equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is
the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color,
national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed,
disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local
Keywords: Avangrid, Binghamton , Customer Service Representative (Kirkwood, NY), Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!