Senior Engineer- Protection & Control
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Avangrid is seeking a Senior Engineer-
Protection & Control to join
their team in their Binghamton,
The Rating and Modeling Engineer is responsible oversight and
validate, transmission line impedances calculation and thermal
rating calculations process on the main elements for medium and
high voltage transmission facilities in New York, Main and
Connecticut. For new and modified facilities should act as the
verifier to ensure the line impedance and CT-Relays ratings
information is complete and aligned with Avangrid TM, review
coordination studies and network modeling, review existing
conditions and address discrepancies to comply with NERC FAC-008
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Review and validate CT, secondary circuits and relays thermal
ratings are according Avangrid methodology, ensure different
documents are align with the CT rating (Aspen One-liner, Aspen
Relay database, relay settings) provide guidance to address
- Propose improvements to the rating calculation methodology and
take the lead in implementing them.
- Update and maintain short circuit modeling Avangrid’s database
with reliable information for compliance and modeling process.
- Training and oversight of contractors performing the walkdown
of substations to capture the existing ratings on Avangrid
- Coordinate contractors to optimize the site visits in order to
- Oversight the drawing update process. Ensure all modifications
and new documents created during site verifications are captured on
record drawings according Avangrid procedures.
- Provides linkage between the Initiator (Project) and the
Approver (System Planning) in order to deliver projects according
- Coordinate with the Projects on the delivery of ratings
calculations in accordance to schedule and project needs.
- Evaluate accuracy of calculations and ensure equipment
capabilities meet requirements.
- Review rating calculus from contractors and projects, provide
guidance address inconsistencies, and ensure and harmonize
deliverables from site verification and projects.
- Act as the rating SME for support to Transmission Planning and
Operations. Conduct training for others to better understand the
ratings modeling process.
- Provides technical advice to senior management when
- May participate or represent the company in regulatory or
public proceedings with NERC, NPCCC, ISO.
Education & Experience Required:
- 3 years of experience in Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with transmission lines plan and profile
- Knowledge of FERC/NERC/NPCC and state regulations
- Experience with ASPEN transmission line and short circuit
- Aspen Relay Database
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of
Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of
equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and
current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to
discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin,
ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable
federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Avangrid, Binghamton , Senior Engineer- Protection & Control, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!