Customer Service Representative (Kirkwood, NY) - Hiring Now
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Avangrid is seeking a Customer Service Representative to
join their team in their Kirkwood, NY location.
This position will give you exposure to the evolving energy
industry working independently and in a team setting. We offer
a fast-paced environment, generous pay, healthcare,
education reimbursement, retirement savings plan, and
opportunities for career advancement. As a Customer Service
Representative (CSR) you will handle all phases of customer
inquiries received by telephone, correspondence (written,
email, and chat); and process applications for service and
extension of facilities. You will respond to customer
inquiries and complaints (bill payment, usage inquiries, account
updates, service, credit and collections) in a customer
focused manner. All CSR employees will respond to inbound
service emergencies; this position requires strict attendance in a
- Resolves customer problems and complaints utilizing established
procedures and policies, which include regulatory guidelines.
Records entries of customer transactions into set operating
- Provides account information to customers and explains bill
service policies and customer rights.
- Conducts credit and collection work as necessary, including
deposits, and final/charge off collection.
- Performs evaluations, and investigates, analyzes, and resolves,
where possible, billing problems.
- Initiates service orders, Work Management System (WMS) orders,
and performs associated action as requested.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and escalate complex
cases as necessary.
- Other customer service duties as required, including operation
of a two way radio.
Skills & Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
- Associate Degree, BA/BS in related field of study is
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, with strong
customer service orientation.
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks for multiple customers in a
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to work flexible schedule, as well as be available during
- Works well within a team.
- MS Office skills.
- Must be pre-qualified for this position. Applicants may take
pre-qualification test at the time of posting.
- This is a Union position with a probationary period.
About the Company
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable
energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT
with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S.
states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid
Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight
electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million
customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and
operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities
across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000
people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of
the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate
citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for
its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves.
The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and
was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the
third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more
information, visit www.avangrid.com
This job has been posted by
TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to
the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment
for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of
TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or
ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
under applicable federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Avangrid, Binghamton , Customer Service Representative (Kirkwood, NY) - Hiring Now, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!