Trivium Packaging is a global leader in metal packaging with
more than 60 locations worldwide and employs close to 8,000 people
and has annual revenue of approximately $2.7 billion. Trivium
serves a diverse range of customers in a variety of end markets
such as food, seafood, pet food, nutrition, beauty and personal
care, household care and premium beverages.
Under the direction of the Production Manager, and/or general
supervision is responsible for safe and efficient manufacturing and
maintaining department equipment in a manner that provides for a
sound quality product.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Adhere to quality standards and procedures, supporting the
positive release program and promoting quality within the
- Comply with safety policies and practices and participate in
the plant Safety Program.
- Participates, collaborates and complies with all company
maintenance programs and practices.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by
completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic
tools, conveyor systems and production machines; following
diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s
instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting
- Provide accurate reporting of safety, production, efficiency,
quality and potential problem areas to operate the department in an
efficient and productive manner.
- Oversee all critical points of the process to ensure quality
standards are met.
- Maintain a safe work environment for self and all team members
and equipment through daily maintenance, 5S, and housekeeping
- Work with team members to make recommendations for process
- Troubleshoot and analyze equipment problems.
- Make all necessary adjustments/repairs to equipment to maintain
all safety, quality and productivity goals.
- Perform various jobs of responsibility on a rotational
- Assist with new equipment installation, equipment overhauls and
other projects as required.
- Support LSS (Lean Six Sigma) teams that will drive out waste
and reduce operation costs.
- Shall understand the Food Safety Policy, GMP’s, HACCP
- and Food Safety Standard.
- Assist in trial runs, defective product isolating/sorting and
- Forklift operations as required.
- Relief of personnel for breaks.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Competencies:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to teach, train and facilitate job
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Troubleshooting – determining causes of operating errors and
deciding what to do about it.
- Equipment Maintenance – performing routine maintenance on
equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Ability to read a blue print or interpret sketches.
- Able to use small hand tools and measuring devices.
- Intermediate math skills with the ability to divide in all
units of measurement, compute rate, ratio and percent
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing practices
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others with a positive “can
do” attitude and maintain a safe, cohesive work environment
Education & Experience:
- Professional certificate/license in industrial or mechanical
- Work experience in metal manufacturing
- Forklift certification
Site Specific Qualifications:
- Ability to work all shifts including rotating 8 or 12-hour
shifts, daylight and off-shifts as well as weekends, holidays and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands to finger, handle,
feel, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds with
occasionally lifting or moving up to 75 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close and distance
vision as well as color recognition.
Average hours per week: 40
or 36/48 alternating
Usual Shift worked
8 or 12 hours
Time during the normal work day, the team member may be required
Bend (90-180 degrees) 5%
Occasionally 1-33%, Frequently 34-66%, and Continuously 67-100%
of the time.
This position requires ability to lift:
Up to 15 lbs......... Frequently
16-30 lbs.............. Frequently
31-50 lbs.............. Frequently
51-75 lbs.............. Occasionally
76-100 lbs........... Seldom
Over 100 lbs........ Is not required
Work Environment: The noise level in the
work environment is usually very loud outside of the office
area. Employees must wear hearing protection and all other
assigned Personal Protective Equipment. Temperature can range
from extreme cold (<40 degrees) to extreme heat (>90
degrees). The atmosphere contains fumes, dust and odors.
Teamwork/Building Teamwork – Trust & Integrity – Excellence -
Concern for Safety & Environment – Service Orientation – Results
Orientation – Attention To Communication – Edge – Concern for
Quality – Continuous Improvement – Development of People –
The information in this job description indicates only the
general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to
this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel
so classified. Minor changes in work assignment will not
necessitate revision of this document.
At Trivium, people are the driving force in all our successes by
bringing expertise and talent to help us stand out, achieving
excellence through their commitment and drive and maintaining a
focus on continuous improvement in everything they do. Together,
our goal is to be the number one choice for customers seeking
sustainable metal packaging solutions.
Trivium Packaging is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability or any other legally protected