Lead Engineer- Protection and Control - Hiring Now
Posted on: October 7, 2021
Avangrid is seeking a Lead Engineer-
Protection and Control to join
their team in their Binghamton,
The Engineer will have a central role in developing substation
standards for AVANGRID. Write engineering and construction
specifications, create and maintain design libraries for
substations including specifications and bill of materials. Work
independently with only administrative and general direction from
supervision. Develop a strong technical knowledge base to serve as
technical advisor (SME) for substation design. Follow updates in
research and developments taking place in the power industry,
through training and industry associations. The engineer will lead
teams/projects that solve complex substation equipment/design
problems taking a broad perspective to identify innovative
solutions. Able to work independently with guidance on only the
most complex tasks. Participates and represents AVANGRID on
Industry associations. Mentor other employees.
- Proactively identify and perform special projects and studies
that innovatively solve unique and complex problems with broad
impact to the business. Develop alternate methods or design
concepts to resolve unique problems or to improve
- Solves complex and unique substation engineering problems.
Utilizes a broad prospective to investigate and identify innovative
- Contribute to the development & execution of Departmental or
Divisional strategy. Recognized engineering expert for equipment of
extreme importance to AVANGRID and/or the industry. Anticipates
internal/external business issues & recommend process
- Create and maintain design libraries for medium and high
voltage substations agree with department plan. Develop plan to
maintain libraries based on lessons learnt, new practices and
- Interpret internal/external business issues and recommend best
practices and/or process improvements. Participate in Industry
- Leads teams, acts as a facilitator and experienced mentor.
Develop innovative services, technologies, & make recommendations
with respect to current and future customer & stakeholder needs.
Make presentations to regulatory/public entities.
- Experienced mentor to engineers in substation design and
engineering development. Manages and provides direction for
resources outside of the department.
- Design systems to resolve highly complex problems in non-std
situations & develop creative solutions that achieve division
results. Independently apply design standards, industry codes,
design criteria, guidelines & AVANGRID polices/procedures.
- Has depth & breath of knowledge & interprets processes and
standards related to substation engineering. Recommends solutions
and best practices where appropriate. Represents Process and
Technologies on projects, task forces and studies.
Recognized expert for disciplines of extreme importance to
AVANGRID including following disciplines:
- Bus Configurations
- Functional diagrams for control and protection
- Protection, control and communication schemes
- Control and protection schematics
- Wiring diagrams and cable schedule
Education & Experience Required:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from
an ABET accredited college/university,
- 6+ years’ experience performing engineering duties,
- Specialized advanced training is also required or graduate
level engineering degree,
- Possess a depth and breadth of experience in electric
transmission or distribution standards engineering and knowledge of
internal/external business and regulatory issues,
- Recognized as an expert in own area within the organization and
- Maintains knowledge of leading-edge techniques or technology
through participation in professional Associations,
- A Professional Engineering license from the State of
Connecticut, New York or Maine is preferred.
- Able to communicate orally or in writing to regulatory and/or
- Able to lead a Team or mentor others.
About the Company
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable
energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT
with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S.
states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid
Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight
electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million
customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and
operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities
across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000
people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of
the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate
citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for
its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves.
The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and
was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the
third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more
information, visit www.avangrid.com
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of
Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of
equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and
current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to
discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin,
ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable
federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Avangrid, Binghamton , Lead Engineer- Protection and Control - Hiring Now, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!