CDL Class A Shuttle Driver
Company: Performance Food Group
Posted on: October 6, 2021
Currently offering a $5,000 Sign On Bonus for this
The Shuttle Driver is responsible for driving tandem trailers,
tractor trailers and/ or straight trucks on intrastate and
interstate routes for the purpose of transporting empty trailers to
PFG warehouse locations to turn around and deliver full trailers
with various food products (meats, produce, frozen foods,
groceries, and dry goods) to domicile/shuttle yard locations. All
routes are expected to be completed safely in accordance with all
Company policies and Department of Transportation (DOT)
regulations. The Shuttle Driver communicates and interacts with
customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring all
services and duties are executed in accordance with preferred work
methods and customer service practices. Functions as a team member
within the department and organization, as required, and perform
any duty assigned to best serve the company.
• Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip) including
inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of
Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect tractor/truck and trailer
to insure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate
action as needed. Report all safety issues and/or repairs
• Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines
and policies. Immediately report any and all safety hazards.
• Inspect trailer for properly loaded and secured freight. Ensure
all required route paper work is with tractor trailer load and
available to driver upon dispatch.
• Drive and deliver trailers according to predetermined route
• Perform hook/unhook procedures per safety guidelines. Park and
store tractor trailers in designated areas. Ensure all equipment
and freight are appropriately locked and/or secured at all
• Collect and secure damaged goods and customer returns in empty
trailer to bring back to driver check-in at base facility and
complete necessary paperwork. Unload all equipment, materials and
remove trash from trailers as required.
• Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in
accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements.
• Perform general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock area
and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications:High School Diploma/GED or
• Valid CDL A with Doubles Endorsement
• Must be 21 years of age
• Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where
• Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
• Work required 3rd shift schedule, Sunday –Thursday nights
(schedules may vary)
• Pass pre-employment drug test
• Pass road test
• Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT
• Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other
equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying
size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from
approximately 60 to 90 pounds, depending on the location.
Preferred Qualifications:• 1+ years commercial driving
• Foodservice distribution industry experience
• Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e.
• Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e.
Performance Food Group and/or
its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company")
provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and
employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal
laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to
review: (1) our EEO Policy
(2) the "EEO is the Law" poster
; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy
Keywords: Performance Food Group, Binghamton , CDL Class A Shuttle Driver, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!