Customer Support Specialist (Kirkwood, NY)
Posted on: July 11, 2021
This position will give you exposure to the evolving energy
industry working independently and in a team setting. We offer
a fast-paced environment, generous pay, healthcare,
education reimbursement, retirement savings plan, and
opportunities for career advancement. As a Customer Service
Representative (CSR) you will handle all phases of customer
inquiries received by telephone, correspondence (written,
email, and chat); and process applications for service and
extension of facilities. You will respond to customer
inquiries and complaints (bill payment, usage inquiries, account
updates, service, credit and collections) in a customer
focused manner. All CSR employees will respond to inbound
service emergencies; this position requires strict attendance in a
- Resolves customer problems and complaints utilizing established
procedures and policies, which include regulatory guidelines.
Records entries of customer transactions into set operating
- Provides account information to customers and explains bill
service policies and customer rights.
- Conducts credit and collection work as necessary, including
deposits, and final/charge off collection.
- Performs evaluations, and investigates, analyzes, and resolves,
where possible, billing problems.
- Initiates service orders, Work Management System (WMS) orders,
and performs associated action as requested.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and escalate complex
cases as necessary.
- Other customer service duties as required, including operation
of a two way radio.
Skills & Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
- Associate Degree, BA/BS in related field of study is
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, with strong
customer service orientation.
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks for multiple customers in a
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to work flexible schedule, as well as be available during
- Works well within a team.
- MS Office skills.
- Must be pre-qualified for this position. Applicants may take
pre-qualification test at the time of posting.
- This is a Union position with a probationary period.
About the Company
Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the
number one producer of wind power, and one of the world's biggest
electricity utilities in terms of market capitalization. The group
supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries
including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United
States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal,
Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition
towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in
renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and
digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced
products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy,
Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an
international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and
the fight against climate change.
This job has been posted by
TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to
the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment
for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of
TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or
ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
under applicable federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Avangrid, Binghamton , Customer Support Specialist (Kirkwood, NY), Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!