ARC Intake Counselor
Company: Salvation Army USA
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center is seeking an
Intake Counselor to work cooperatively with Program staff to
maintain a quality intake system and provide counseling to program
- Is aware of and in agreement with The Salvation Army's
Christian spiritual approach to rehabilitation. Desires to be part
of a team that provides a caring, respectful atmosphere to those
seeking our help.
- Work cooperatively with all ARC staff, beneficiaries, and other
- Develop and maintain a network of outside referral sources by
telephone, letter, and personal contact to: (1) arrange for the
referral of applicants to The Salvation Army ARC program; (2)
arrange for outside sources to tour and view The Salvation Army ARC
program; and (3) make appropriate referrals to resources outside
the ARC program.
- Interview, assess, and process necessary paper work for
applicants to the ARC program, striving to maintain a full capacity
at all times. Provide a positive, appealing, and uplifting first
impression of the ARC program. Maintain a waiting list of potential
applicants. Assist potential applicants with the completion of all
required forms. Provide applicants who are not appropriate for
admission with resources of other suitable services.
- Ensure that the house tracking system is maintained and updated
daily and weekly, including to counseling assignments, bed
assignments, and work therapy assignments.
- Assist counselor and other program staff in crisis intervention
- Meet with supervisor for supervision and evaluation.
(Preferably once a month)
- Ensure that weekly gratuity reports are updated and forwarded
to the finance office for gratuity processing as assigned.
- Complete or compile all beneficiary time cards/sheets each
- As directed by Administrator(s), coordinate with outside groups
to bring speakers and information that model Christian values of
- Record statistical information specific to your area of
responsibility. Submit to Administrator(s) (or designate) within
three business days following the end of the month. Daily/weekly
reporting is to be done immediately.
- Carry a case load of approximately 15 individuals as assigned
and maintain written documentation (progress notes) of all
- Conduct 1-2 education classes and/or groups per week as
- Operate compliance screen for prohibited substances equipment
as required keeping an accurate and up to date record of all test
results. Maintain all equipment, including breathalyzers, to ensure
validity and accuracy of results.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and all meetings as requested by
the Administrator(s). Present resident cases as requested.
- Attend retreats, conferences, and other Salvation Army events
as scheduled and assigned (which may include weekend and/or evening
- This position will support the work therapy program component
of The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Centers by providing to
beneficiaries; an example of professional conduct, work habits, and
supervision (as directed by Supervisor).
- Other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor and/or
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- AA/BA degree in related counseling field preferred.
- Previous residential and rehabilitation experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility in work schedule to include evenings and occasional
Keywords: Salvation Army USA, Binghamton , ARC Intake Counselor, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!