Field Technician 2
Company: Uniti Group
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Field Technician II will be responsible for managing and
maintaining a territory, performing on-site or in-house
installation, integration, servicing and/or repair of
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installing different types of network gear at cellular sites,
Central Offices, Carrier POPs, Enterprise facilities and more.
Troubleshoot and solve issues in a timely matter.
- Login in switches and take instructions from the NOC or
engineer in charge.
- Install electrical conductor, data conductor, and fiber optic
- Install pull boxes, conduit, poles and foundations.
- Connect electrical conductors to power services to energize
- Test devices to ensure functionality.
- Diagnose and repair hardware, software, and system issues.
- Prepare logs to track the technical status of the system,
installation, and maintenance activities with accuracy and
- Will need to work on call through the weekends and after
regular duty hours.
- There will be some overnight traveling involved and sometimes
can be extended due to the job or work environment, i.e. Carrier
projects and storm restoration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/ or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Technical degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 1 - 2 years of related experience preferred.
- Must be able to work with +24 and -48 power.
- Work independently and be on call for any issues/work in your
- Dedicated to working with the mind set of "Safety First".
- Ability to travel and move where needed is desirable.
- Must possess valid driver's license and be able to obtain a CDL
Class A license.
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN networks, fiber optics, serial
and video communications a plus.
- Ability to read and understand plan drawings and
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean, and professional appearance
that reflects well on the company and clients.
- All around good attitude and aptitude to learn and grow.
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Sitting, standing, and walking.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds several times a day.
- Overhead lifting of over 20 pounds.
- Bending, stooping, climbing ladders and crawling.
- Long hours involving overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to read effectively from a computer screen, sampling
device and/or a paper copy.
- Ability to work multiple tasks in a stressful environment while
maintaining a positive and pleasant manner with others.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple
tasks in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, holidays,
Uniti provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Uniti Group, Binghamton , Field Technician 2, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!