Posted on: June 7, 2021
Job Title: Program Scheduler
Job ID: AS20211805-61486
Job Location:Binghamton, NY
Performs schedule analysis in support of assigned programs or
projects. Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans
are integrated across company functional groups including finance,
engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality. Tracks plans and
schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical
path and network logic conflicts. Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone
charts, earned value management and other project management
techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to
facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas. Ensures
compliance with internal program procedures and project control
system guidelines. May lead or participate in scheduling status
- Works under general supervision. May be responsible for entire
projects or processes within job area. May be responsible for
providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within
job area. May manage projects at this level with responsibility for
the delegation of work and the review of others' work product.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization which
include customers or vendors. Works to influence others to accept
individual or team's views or practices and changes to concepts,
practices and approaches. Communicates with leadership regarding
matters of importance to the functional or business area. May
conduct briefings with leaders.
- Work consists of making significant improvements of processes,
systems, solutions, or products to enhance performance of job area.
May develop new concepts or standards. Opportunities for problem
solving and innovation are undefined, where information is
difficult to obtain. Conducts extensive investigation to understand
root cause of problems. Problems span a wide range of difficult and
unique issues across the function and/or business area.
- Implements strategic goals established by leadership.
Establishes operational plans for job area with short-term impact
on results (e.g., less than 1 year). Provides input into new
products, processes, standards and/or operational plans that will
have measurable impact on the achievement of overall function or
- Interface with all functions at all levels in creation and
maintenance of schedule data including presentation of schedule
activity status, and gathering of status in meeting with all
- Analyzes program schedule status (resources, schedule duration,
activity constraints, relationships of activities, critical
- Performs special project and studies as required. Performs
varied program planning, scheduling, and monitoring of an involved
nature, such as assist senior planning personnel by researching and
gathering specific data, i.e. resources, schedule duration,
activity constraints, relationships of activities, and
- Analyze historical program performance data to develop schedule
and cost estimates in support of responses to proposal
- Assist in the creation and development of proposal schedules,
and in negotiations, audits, and fact-finding.
- Participates or contributes to process/quality improvement
teams or initiatives. Identifies and recommends improvements to
processes, practices, or materials which lead to positive results
in quality and efficiencies. Supports or implements performance
driven changes in processes and procedures.
- Preparation of monthly Internal Program Reviews and required US
- Ability to obtain a Secret DOD security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of prior related experience
- Communicates with contacts in own team to explain and interpret
- Contributes to systems and processes changes in work
- Works to achieve operational targets that impact team
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Working in a team environment supporting various organizational
- Be an active participant in maintaining a high level of quality
and pride of workmanship within the Program Finance Office.
- Software PC skills including: Microsoft Project, Excel, Word &
Keywords: L3Harris, Binghamton , Program Scheduler, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!