Senior Project Manager
Company: JD Ross Energy
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager| Renewable Energy | Solar Construction &
Engineering | Central New York | Permanent, Full-Time | Salary
Dependent on Experience
As a highly well respected EPC in New York State, this
organization is continually growing and expanding their reaches
into other sectors of renewable energy. Currently they are a
leading solar EPC firm in Central New York supported by a culture
of personal and professional growth for all who cross paths with
them. This organization is the true embodiment of work hard, play
hard with the opportunity to reach new heights with your own career
while they continue to grow into development and turnkey operations
as an organization. It's an exciting time to be a part of their
The Senior Project Manager leads the project teams and works in
partnership with the Construction Managers to oversee the build of
safe, high quality, profitable projects, while beating the estimate
budgets and improving the total Operating Profit margin over the
original bid. The Senior Project Manager's role is key to fostering
great client relations and developing the employees.
This position is responsible for development of the Construction
Managers, safe work plans, client negotiations, risk management,
cost estimation, contract management and execution strategy. In
addition, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for the
business side of the project, managing the full P&L as well as
- Passionately builds the team by attracting, interviewing,
assessing, mentoring and retaining Top Performers.
- Leads and enforces the safety policies and procedures and
addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and
- Leads the project team by building and motivating team members
to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and
- Manage and oversee field operation and engineering processes
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project
- Oversees the execution of the project with the Quality
- Utilizes daily huddles to promote communication, resolve issues
and share ideas, so the projects are expeditiously and profitably
- Leads the development of the project schedule with the
Construction Manager and ensures the team is executing to the
- Maximizes cash flow by ensuring the team is adhering to the
project invoicing schedule and ensures the team accurately
documents and submits all receivables, quantity as-builts, change
orders and claims.
- Produces complete subcontracts and ensures all subcontractors
execute to the agreement and the company's standards. Ensures the
required documentation is received in a timely manner.
- Estimates, prices and negotiates owner initiated extra work,
change of scope items, and contract deletions to maximize
- Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies,
tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones,
deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across
- Assist in dispute, negotiation, arbitration or litigation, as
- Actively develops client relations to generate opportunities
for new work.
- Actively participates in Marketing and Presales department
activities to develop capture plans, teaming strategies, technical
approach and bid strategies.
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plans
- Monitor staff performance and perform detailed performance
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or
related field with 5+ years of experience or equivalent. Track
record of achievement and career progression.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including
the ability to lead up, across and down the organization.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and
program team sizes, including internal and external resources,
while holding team accountable for performance.
- Successfully led and managed complex portfolios valued at $30
- Demonstrated success in the Project Management function of a
- Proven success managing subcontractors and developing and
executing innovative project changes.
- Success developing cost to completes, costing and pricing
Change Orders, and maximizing profits.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and interpret contract
and insurance documents and forms, and make appropriate
- Background in project start-up meetings, subcontractor and
vendor buyouts, owner estimates, sub / vendor requisitions and cost
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to
on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
- Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from senior
leadership, team members, and peers
- Entrepreneurial with a well-rounded business perspective.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint and
- Demonstrated decisiveness in resolving project issues, making
decisions and identifying priorities.
- Must be open to travel.
- Salary Dependent on Experience
- Medical Insurance
- Travel Reimbursement or Vehicle (case by case basis on the
- Per Diem (when necessary)
- Cell Phone
What to do now
If you're interested in this role, please 'apply now' and
forward an up-to-date copy of your resume to .
On the other hand, if this job isn't quite right for you but you
are looking for a new position within Solar Construction, please
contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Keywords: JD Ross Energy, Binghamton , Senior Project Manager, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!