Senior Electrical Engineer
Company: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
Posted on: January 14, 2020
OBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to
creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced
Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years,
OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the
Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated
solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
We currently have an opening in our Binghamton, NY office for a
Senior Electrical Engineer to support Higher Education and Federal
projects, as well as industrial / manufacturing projects, and
projects associated with our environmental and water/wastewater
business units when needed. This position will be responsible for,
but not limited to, the following:
* Serve as a technical lead electrical engineer. This includes the
ability to act as the Engineer of Record and seal project
deliverables in accordance with technical signatory approval
process, lead the quality review process of work products developed
by others, and lead a team of electrical designers and electrical
* Act as the client interface representing the electrical
discipline on multi-disciplinary projects. Act as the project
manager on small to mid-scale electrical projects. This includes
the ability to interact with the client at the request for proposal
stage, develop letter proposals and fee estimates, prepare and
deliver presentations to the client, and act as the OBG
representative throughout project duration.
* Demonstrate a clear understanding of industry codes and
standards, and develop code analysis reports. Preferred code
knowledge includes NEC, NESC, IEEE Standards, energy code, and
* Design for electrical power distribution (medium/low voltage),
grounding, lighting, fire alarm, communication systems, etc. for
commercial, government, industrial, and institutional
* As a mentor, develop the technical skills of others.
* Prepare technical reports to define projects and provide clients
with technical direction.
* Prepare and review power systems analysis reports, including
short-circuit, load flow, and arc flash hazard analysis studies.
Transient motor starting and power harmonics analysis a plus.
* Participates in relevant professional affiliations.
* Coordinate work on multiple projects to maintain project
* Exceed client needs by motivating and influencing others to
deliver client service excellence.
* Verification of field conditions as required to support design
and follow-up construction observation visits.
* Engineering support for construction projects
* Stays current with emerging technologies and business
Skills & Qualifications
* BSEE, engaged in lifelong learning to maintain knowledge of
* 10+ years relevant work experience
* PE license in NYS required
* Experience in the development and management of staff, project
management, and business development within a consulting
engineering environment preferred
* Leadership: capability to make quick and sometimes tough
decisions. Develop opportunities for individuals to work together.
Encourages and seeks out feedback.
* Critical Thinking: capability to be able to solve problems as
they arise, analyze inefficiencies and refine company
* Communication: capability to effectively communicate with
employees, clients and business partners to create a clear and
mutual understanding on common goals, directives and expectations.
Possess skills ranging from negotiating, conflict resolution,
communications, influencing and coaching.
* Relationship Building: maintains and fosters relationships
within, across and external to the organization. Solicits advice,
support and commitment that results in smooth transition of
* Business Perspective: demonstrates the understanding of OBG s
operations and functions, as well as the industry and competitive
environment in which it operates to make effective business
* Resilience: capability to work with multiple employees,
department leads and projects/programs, while maintaining one s
* Safety Leadership: creates an environment to enhance OBG s safety
* Innovation: Builds a culture of innovation through employee
conversations, discussing on division or brand level meetings, and
encouraging participation in company sponsored innovation
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment
is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable
accommodation with the application or the interview process, please
notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc., Binghamton , Senior Electrical Engineer, Other , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!