Software Development Manager
Company: The Raymond Corporation
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Job Title Software Development Manager
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries
Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100
years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the
foundation of our continued success. If you're innovative and enjoy
the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
About the position:
We're looking for a Software Development Manager to lead, develop,
and deliver high-quality software products for Raymond at our
Greene, NY headquarters. You will:
Provide leadership in the areas of real-time embedded application,
telematics production, and IoT elements, as well as foundational
Manage and lead R&D and technical software programs, using both
internal and third-party resources resulting in new and/or improved
product, increased output, and reduced cost.
Ensure all projects have meaningful milestones and perform periodic
reviews to ensure projects are on target.
Maintain overall software resource loading for teams and adjust
allocations to ensure project milestones are achieved.
Maintain relationships with all third-party contractors and
internal senior level team members.
Identify and implement programs to continually develop software
staff and key resources.
Act as technical project director for major programs, providing
technical and administrative guidance on projects.
Monitor program performance for schedule, technical soundness,
quality, field reliability, and financial objectives. Identify and
implement corrective actions as required.
Act as principal technical software resource for leading
discussions with senior developers.
Partner with HR and training teams to ensure that associates
receive the appropriate career development mentoring and training
Develop strategy and work with procurement partners to pursue new
outsourcing opportunities to meet goals.
Develop and maintain processes for requirement definitions,
third-party contracting, and software development.
Foster collaborative working relationships with other functions
(engineering, operations, finance, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (electrical, computer, etc),
Computer Science, or a related field.
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- In-depth technical skill in embedded code development (C,
- Experience with requirement and development tracking tools
(Jira, Jama, Bitbucket, GIT, etc.).
- Demonstrated technical skills in developing architecture that
can be applied over diverse product line.
- Experience adding value through leadership by building high
performing team and achieving successful outcomes on complicated
- Experience with product development, production,
application/platform integration projects, and working in an
integrated, multifunctional team environment.
- Experience in business case development, analysis, and
- Demonstrated application of cost control, schedule, and risk
and opportunity management.
- Strong presentation, organization, communication, and
- Ability to build strong vendor/contractor
- Able to travel 10%-15%.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Expected to be between $93,000 and $120,000 depending on
the selected candidate's background.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits
program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our
package meets the needs of our employees and their families.
Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
Tuition Aid Program
Keywords: The Raymond Corporation, Binghamton , Software Development Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!