Java Developer (REMOTE within NY State)
Company: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Posted on: May 3, 2022
Job #: 46508 Title: Java Developer (REMOTE within NY State) Job
Location: Binghamton, New York - United States Remote Job: Yes
Employment Type: Salary: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars -
Yearly Employer Will Recruit From: Regional Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- stable with $2.7 billion in assets
- Involved in charity organizations in Southern Tier
- IT team always using the most updated/cutting edge technology-
company believes in It and invests in IT
- Fast Paced Environment that your hard work is rewarded with
salary increases and profit sharing
- Flexible hours for work life balance and business casual
environment JOB DESCRIPTION
Although this is a remote position, there may be times when travel
to the office is necessary. So you must reside within 1 1/2 hours
from Binghamton, NY to be considered. **Must be a permanent US
resident or US Citizen to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this
time** If you enjoy working in a team environment and would like to
learn, stretch yourself and contribute to the success of an
evolving Systems & Technology function, read on! The right
- Is equally adept at taking direction and taking initiative to
solve programming challenges.
- Finds that using online tools to research problems comes
- Excels at conveying complex information in simple, accessible
- Is intrinsically motivated and focused on providing high
- Finds that attitude is as important as technical skill.
- Loves it when an assignment goes right, but is resilient and
stays upbeat when it doesnt.
- Listens well, asks incisive questions, and digs into details
while keeping the big picture in focus.
- Above all, thrives on collaboration and takes great
satisfaction in helping others meet their goals. You will work
alongside other developers and management to develop, write,
update, maintain and modify computer programs and software systems.
- Write, update and maintain computer programs and software
packages to handle specific jobs such as insurance administration,
data reporting, tracking inventory, storing and retrieving data,
and controlling other equipment. Modify existing programs to
increase operating efficiency and adapt to new requirements.
- Meet and interact with customers to define and refine
requirements, clarify program intent, test modifications, identify
problems, suggest changes and provide support post-deployment.
- Analyze and develop documentation detailing software
components, functions, and/or describe the processes performed by
- Run tests and collaborate with computer operators and systems
analysts to define and resolve problems in operating computer
- Work with model office analysts to design and test
modifications on new applications.
- Follow through with testing to ensure that desired results are
- Provide on call support after hours on a rotational schedule
for overnight batch cycles.
- Maintain and grow your knowledge and skills through on-the-job
training, seminars, webinars, and self -study.
- Expand your understanding of back-end and front-end
technologies as a full-stack developer. QUALIFICATIONS MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor`s degree in technical field, and a minimum of 3 years
experience in Information Technology and Software Development
- Proficiency in Java programming language required.
- Proficiency in Agile Software Development required.
- Fluency in modern web browsers on multiple devices and their
respective limitations and strengths.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with remote
team members and internal clients.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours to meet
project deadlines, release schedules and provide on call support as
needed. ADDITIONAL SKILLS DESIRED:
- Experience with jQuery and Bootstrap preferred.
- Experience with web security protocols outlined by OWASP
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
Keywords: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network, Binghamton , Java Developer (REMOTE within NY State), IT / Software / Systems , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!