Java Developer (REMOTE within NY State)
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Although this is a remote position, there may be times when
travel to the office is necessary. So you must reside within 1 1/2
hours from Binghamton, NY to be considered.If you enjoy working in
a team environment and would like to learn, stretch yourself and
contribute to the success of an evolving Systems & Technology
function, read on! The right candidate:
- Is equally adept at taking direction and taking initiative to
solve programming challenges.
- Finds that using online tools to research problems comes
- Excels at conveying complex information in simple, accessible
- Is intrinsically motivated and focused on providing high
- Finds that attitude is as important as technical skill.
- Loves it when an assignment goes right, but is resilient and
stays upbeat when it doesn’t.
- Listens well, asks incisive questions, and digs into details
while keeping the big picture in focus.
- Above all, thrives on collaboration and takes great
satisfaction in helping others meet their goals. You will work
alongside other developers and management to develop, write,
update, maintain and modify computer programs and software systems.
- Write, update and maintain computer programs and software
packages to handle specific jobs such as insurance administration,
data reporting, tracking inventory, storing and retrieving data,
and controlling other equipment. Modify existing programs to
increase operating efficiency and adapt to new requirements.
- Meet and interact with customers to define and refine
requirements, clarify program intent, test modifications, identify
problems, suggest changes and provide support post-deployment.
- Analyze and develop documentation detailing software
components, functions, and/or describe the processes performed by
- Run tests and collaborate with computer operators and systems
analysts to define and resolve problems in operating computer
- Work with model office analysts to design and test
modifications on new applications.
- Follow through with testing to ensure that desired results are
- Provide on call support after hours on a rotational schedule
for overnight batch cycles.
- Maintain and grow your knowledge and skills through on-the-job
training, seminars, webinars, and self -study.
- Expand your understanding of back-end and front-end
technologies as a full-stack developer.
- stable with $2.7 billion in assets
- Involved in charity organizations in Southern Tier
- IT team always using the most updated/cutting edge technology-
company believes in It and invests in IT
- Fast Paced Environment that your hard work is rewarded with
salary increases and profit sharing
- Flexible hours for work life balance and business casual
- Bachelor's degree in technical field, and a minimum of 3 years’
experience in Information Technology and Software Development
- Proficiency in Java programming language required.
- Proficiency in Agile Software Development required.
- Fluency in modern web browsers on multiple devices and their
respective limitations and strengths.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with remote
team members and internal clients.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours to meet
project deadlines, release schedules and provide on call support as
needed.ADDITIONAL SKILLS DESIRED:
- Experience with jQuery and Bootstrap preferred.
- Experience with web security protocols outlined by OWASP
Keywords: Job Juncture, Binghamton , Java Developer (REMOTE within NY State), IT / Software / Systems , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!