Retail Assistant Manager (Sales)
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Job Number: 18931
Position Title: Sales Manager
What We Offer:
- Growth! Here at Talbots our goal is to give you the tools to
grow beyond this position and into the next.
- SMIP: Store Management Incentive Bonus Program.
- Complete Benefit Package! Our benefits kick off the first day
of the month after your start date. To learn more, visit our We
- Generous Discount: 50%, 60% & 70% Merchandise Discount off
Talbots and Haven Well Within.
- Other Perks: Referral Incentive Program, discounts on travel,
shopping, concerts and more.
What we Value "WE CARE":
- We Win as a team and are dedicated to ensuring and applauding
each other's success.
- We Encourage creativity, innovation and smart risk-taking.
- We are Committed to building relationships with our customers
and associates by knowing, serving, and delighting them.
- We Act with integrity, transparency, candor, and respect.
- We Respect, honor and value diversity and are invested in
cultivating a dynamic and inclusive culture.
- We Embrace community by bringing positive change to those we
live and work in.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about selling, with a natural ability to generate
thoughtful ways to drive new traffic into the store.
- A model of professionalism with strong work ethic, integrity,
and respect for others.
- Customer-centric, understanding how the importance of
exceptional service contributes to growing store sales.
- An educator, coach and mentor that inspires team associates
based on their individual strengths.
- Organized and strategic with the ability to make independent
decisions and capable of working in a fast paced ever changing
- A clear communicator of business-related information, and brand
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and friendly, with the ability to work
cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- Possess the technological aptitude to navigate, coach and train
computer POS/iPad/handheld systems.
- Comfortable climbing ladders, moving around regularly, and
standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to bend, reach, stretch for product as well as lift,
carry, and move at least 40 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the
business including opening/closing shifts as well as weekends and
- Have open availability of 40 hours per week.
What You'll Do:
- Create and foster a culture of hospitality through exceptional
customer experiences that build enduring relationships both
internally and externally.
- Help customers to look and feel their best by providing style
advise based on their specific needs.
- Provide exceptional and meaningful customer service experiences
that promote the product and builds brand loyalty.
- Achieve sales and hospitality driven metrics in key measurable
areas including: clientelling/outreach, appointment setting,
Talbots Classic Awards etc.
- Reinforce consistent selling and service standards through
coaching, training, and accountability.
- Prioritize daily tasks and responsibilities to meet the needs
of the customer, team and business.
- Understand the appropriate balance needed between operational
and selling energy and ensure proper planning/scheduling and
prioritizing tasks and responsibilities to meet the needs of the
- Maintain knowledge of business and competitive landscape,
fashion trends and key business drivers to strategically identify
opportunities that will maximize sales and ensure financial goals
- Ensure compliance of all company policies and procedures as
well as local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships that
support a productive work environment.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general
nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job.
It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and
responsibilities and is subject to change.
Community / Marketing Title: Retail Assistant Manager (Sales)
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's
clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company
is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely,
fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots
relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who
bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can
enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer
modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of
sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications
from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a
candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of
the position under consideration and are made without regard to
race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category
protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing
reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If
you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the
position you are seeking or to participate in the application
process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Talbots will make
reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or
employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue
hardship on the operations of the Company's business.
PositionType_Description: Full Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Ithaca, New York US
Keywords: Talbots, Binghamton , Retail Assistant Manager (Sales), Hospitality & Tourism , Ithaca, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!