Deli Clerk Part Time
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Join our team of more than 34,000 team members, supporting our
members and communities in our Club Support Center, 235+ clubs and
eight distribution centers. BJs Wholesale Club offers a
collaborative and inclusive environment where all team members can
learn, grow and be their authentic selves. Together, were committed
to providing outstanding service and convenience to our members,
helping them save on the products and services they need for their
families and homes. The Benefits of working at BJs BJs pays weekly
Generous time off programs to support busy lifestyles* o Vacation,
Personal, Holiday, Sick, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty Benefit plans
for your changing needs* o Three medical plans**, Health
Reimbursement Account (HRA), Health Savings Account (HSA), two
dental plans, flexible spending*eligibility requirements vary by
position**medical plans vary by locationJob SummarySlices,
packages, weighs, and sells various deli products, including meats
and cheeses. Maintains the presentation and cleanliness of the
deli, including deli display cases. Provides assistance to Members
in the deli department. Team Members:
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned.
Support the application of club policies, procedures and
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in
mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns,
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude. Members:
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, CleanClub Standards: Work as a team
to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and outKnow your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial
performance reporting for your department
- See the connection between consistent execution and the
positive impact it can have on the businessMajor Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Answers
questions and recommends deli items. Answers Member calls and takes
- Slices, packages, and weighs deli products, including cheeses
and meats. Helps Members select the correct products. Samples
product to assist in purchasing decisions. Prepares and packages
special orders and party trays.
- Receives and inspects deli shipments. Displays, stocks, rotate,
and stores deli products following food safety, food freshness, and
product handling policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality
standards. Checks for out-of-date products daily and follows
appropriate product salvage policies and procedures.
- Ensures deli cooler shelves and deli display cases have a wide
variety of product. Stocks and rotates deli items when
- Operates and handles deli equipment in accordance with safety
policies and procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes deli equipment and food surfaces
throughout the department, including rotisserie ovens, cooking
utensils, refrigerated cases, and the deli cooler.
- Ensures scale systems are in working order. Makes sure items
are weighed and priced accurately.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job. Qualifications
- Work experience in a deli department preferred.
- Prior experience operating manual/power slicers and scales
- Knowledge of deli products preferred.
- At least 18 years of age. Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling,
reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater
than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent
exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or
coolers. There may be frequent exposure to cleaning agents. In
accordance with the Pay Transparency requirements, the following
represents a good faith estimate of the compensation range for this
position. At BJs Wholesale Club, we carefully consider a wide range
of non-discriminatory factors when determining salary. Actual
salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited
to location, education, experience, and qualifications. The pay
range for this position is $15.75-$19.30.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Binghamton , Deli Clerk Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Newfield, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!