Sanitation, Full Time - Binghamton NY
Company: Maines Paper & Food, Inc.
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Become a part of our 100 year Legacy!!
Due to new Customer Partnerships we are growing and expanding our
business and as a result, we are looking for new talent to join our
The Sanitation Worker participates in the operations necessary to
maintain building areas in a clean and orderly condition in
accordance with standard operating procedures. This position is
responsible for the cleanliness of office areas, restrooms and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect and remove all trash from waste baskets replacing
liners as needed.
- Dust, damp mop, dry buff and restore appropriate floor surfaces
- Dust all office furniture, chairs, desks, tables, file
cabinets, pictures, window sills, wall ledges, and remove finger
marks from painted wall partitions within hand high reach.
- Clean glass entrance doors and reception window.
- Vacuum all carpeted areas.
- Clean all lavatory areas by washing and drying all bowls, seats
and washbasins, replace soap, toweling and toilet tissue. As
needed, damp wipe exterior of waste cans and dispensing units, wash
booth partitions and ledges in all restrooms, replace urinal blocks
- Remove obvious dust, dirt, and debris.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Must have an eye for detail and commitment to cleanliness. Must be
self-driven with ability to work independently. Time management
skills required. Ability to work effectively with team members and
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or
hear. The employee is frequently required to twist, bend, squat,
kneel and is occasionally required to stoop, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic
chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Medical/Pharmacy Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- FSA, HAS and DCFSA
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company Paid Premiums for Basic STD & LTD
- Optional Accident & Critical Illness Coverage
- Company Paid EAP and Wellness Programs
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Direct Deposit
- Educational Reimbursement
- Home & Auto Group Insurance Discount
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Educational Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Paid Vacation & Personal Time
- Adoption Financial Assistance
- Cellphone Carrier Discounts
- Sunglass Discount
- Associate Recognition Events
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
If you're looking for challenge, growth, and genuine job
satisfaction, then look to Maines!
Keywords: Maines Paper & Food, Inc., Binghamton , Sanitation, Full Time - Binghamton NY, Hospitality & Tourism , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!