Registered Nurse - Staff - RN - Binghamton
Posted on: March 16, 2019
We Are Hiring Registered Nurse - Staff - Nursing Administration - FT Nights 7p-7a, every other week-end and holiday requirements. Shift flexibility during holiday coverage is preferred -Lourdes Hospital - Binghamton, NYWhy Join Ascension? Here at Lourdes, nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That is why we have over 90 years of nurses on the front lines of the care we provide our community, and for that reason, Lourdes Hospital prides itself in employing some of the best nurses in New York State. And while we pride ourselves in having some of the most experienced nurses in the state, we always welcome exceptional new nurses who are eager to join us on their nursing journey. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create a change. At Lourdes we offer flexible staffing based on patient volume so nurses don't get overwhelmed. Here at Lourdes, we also offer self-scheduling or flexible shifts, we continually implement new ways to offer nurses more and better options. Including, helping to identify areas of improvement daily, our nurses also get access to a wide range of learning opportunities and support. To further provide, a highly collaborative work environment that allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care. Come join our nursing team! What You Will Do As an Associate at and RN with Lourdes Hospital, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Within this position you will further have the opportunity to care for patients whom have been discharged and are awaiting details or transportation in addition, to having the opportunity to float within the inpatient units to provide direct nursing care. In this role your responsibilities will include:
- You will implement and monitor patient care plans.
- You will continually monitor, record and communicate the patient's condition as appropriate.
- You will serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for a well-coordinated patient care.
- You will note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- You will continually assess patients' actual and potential health problems/needs based upon clinical analysis, by; identifying gaps in care, recommending interventions and assisting in discharge functions with members of the healthcare interdisciplinary team.
- You will follow safety standards. Participate in measures to ensure quality improvement within the organization.
- Adhere to the standards of practice and performance as defined in ANA's "Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York State Education Department Office of Professions obtained within 2 Weeks (14 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Certification credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). OR other national certifications in area of speciality recognized by ANCC that are included in the Magnet DDCT Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred.
- One year patient care experience preferred.
- 2 years medical or surgical experience.
- ICU ED or charge nurse experience preferred.
- This position will function as a discharge lounge nurse as well as a float nurse throughout the hospital inpatient units.
- There will also be occasional coverage requirements for the clinical manager roleEqual Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Binghamton , Registered Nurse - Staff - RN - Binghamton, Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!