Technologist - Surgical / LPN $7.5K Sign On Bonus - Binghamton
Posted on: March 16, 2019
We Are Hiring Title:?Technologist - Surgical /LPNCity, State:?Binghamton, NYLocation:?Our Lady of Lourdes Mem HospDepartment:?Surgery 001Additional Job Details:?FT Rotating,?40 Hours, WeeklyWhy Join Ascension? ?Lourdes Hospital, part of Ascension, has provided compassionate care to those in need since 1925. In Binghamton, N.Y., the main hospital campus includes a Hospice Program, an Ambulatory Surgery Center, and a Regional Cancer Center. Reaching beyond these boundaries, Lourdes has established a network of primary care physicians at convenient sites throughout the region. The Mission In Motion program, which provides primary care and cancer screening services through two mobile medical vans, makes healthcare accessible to rural populations.What You Will Do Job Summary:The Technologist - Surgical facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.Responsibilities:
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Assists HCP to perform non-invasive prepping of skin & draping patients for surgery.
- Assists surgeons provision of hemostasis during surgery by handing instruments
- Holds retractor after placement by HCP
- Anticipates instrument needs of a surgeon & other non-licensed tasks.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified?BLS Provider?credentialed from the?American Heart Association (AHA)?obtained within?1 Month (30 days)?of hire date or job transfer date.?
- Certified?Surgical Tech?credentialed from the?National Health Association?obtained within?24 Months (2 years)?of hire date or job transfer date.?If not certified at time of hire or grandfathered. Must meet NYS "diligent & thorough effort" standards.Education:
- Trade School?
- Graduate of nationally accredited education program for Surgical Technologist program is required OR has completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the USAF or public health commissioned corps; OR provides evidence of being employed as a surg tech for a minimum of 1 year within the 4 yrs immediately prior to 1/1/15Work Experience:
- One year experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations.? In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.?Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ?EEO is the Law? poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfEEO is the Law Poster Supplement?http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdfPlease note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.by Jobble
Keywords: Ascension, Binghamton , Technologist - Surgical / LPN $7.5K Sign On Bonus - Binghamton, Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!