Technician - Surgical Aide - OR - Binghamton
Posted on: March 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Technician - Surgical Aide - Surgery 001 - PRN Rotating - Lourdes Hospital - Binghamton, NYWhy Join Ascension? Here at Ascension Lourdes, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that associates become leaders, whom follow their heart, nurture relationships, connect talent, and understand patients to provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Within Ascension we give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission and our innovative approach that impacts and influences those we are committed to serve in the community. What You Will Do As an Associate and Surgical Aide Technician with Lourdes Hospital, you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of duties in surgical services to maintain a well-supplied, sterile environment.Responsibilities In This Role Include:
- Performing terminal cleaning of each operating room daily, including thorough decontamination of furniture, equipment and air vents.
- Transporting case carts, equipment and supplies and disposes of hazardous waste according to policies and procedures.
- You will monitor and maintain supply inventories at an appropriate par level.
- You will provide physical assistance for patient positioning, lifting and, moving as directed by clinical nursing staff.
- Assuming responsibity for for using supplies & equipment economically and reports malfunctions or broken equipment to appropriate person
- Being responsible for logging specimens in log book and ensuring delivery/receipt of specimen to appropriate lab location & staff.
- You will be responsible for maintaining competency in autoclaves & daily tempurature logs, biologicals & daily test cycles.
- You will assemble, disassemble, clean & maintain organization of OR specialty equipment.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Education & Work Experience:
- HS or Equivalent required.
- No experience required.Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Binghamton , Technician - Surgical Aide - OR - Binghamton, Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!