Posted on: March 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Medical Assistant - PreSurgery 002 - PT Rotating - Lourdes Hospital - Binghamton, NYWhy Join Employer? Here at Employer Lourdes, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that associates become leaders, whom follow their heart, nurture relationships, connect talent, and understand patients to provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Within Employer we give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission and our innovative approach that impacts and influences those we are committed to serve in the community.What You Will Do As an Associate and Medical Assistant with Lourdes Hospital, you will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.Responsibilities In This Role Include:
- Assisting with treatments ordered by the physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. In addition to performing select clinical duties.
- You will interview patients, measure vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. You will help prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performing basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- You will also perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. In addition to, assisting with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). Education & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prefer AAS degree In Medical Assisting, or completed an equivalent training program, with a minimum of two (2) years experience in a medical office setting.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology; knowledge of basic patient care and medical office practice and procedures; good telephone etiquette required.
- Working experience in a medical office setting preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Binghamton , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!