Pharmacist - Staff - NE
Posted on: March 14, 2019
We Are Hiring Pharmacist - Staff - NE - Upper Front Retail Pharmacy - FT Rotating 8AM-8PM, 7 days a week - Chenango Bridge - Binghamton, NYWhy Join Employer? Lourdes Hospital, part of Employer, has provided compassionate care to those in need since 1925. In Binghamton, N.Y., the main hospital campus includes a Hospice Program, an Ambulatory Surgery Center, and a Regional Cancer Center. Reaching beyond these boundaries, Lourdes has established a network of primary care physicians at convenient sites throughout the region. The Mission In Motion program, which provides primary care and cancer screening services through two mobile medical vans, makes healthcare accessible to rural populations.What You Will Do As an Associate with Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to assure the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders.Responsibilities:
- Reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems. Recommends formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compounds and dispenses medications for accurate delivery to patients.
- Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Maintain knowledge of pharmacy through reading, attending seminars, participating in in-service programs. Utilize the Pharmacy and Hospital libraries to provide drug information to other healthcare professionals practicing at Lourdes Hospital. May conduct in-service classes to staff or patients. Act as a preceptor for new employees, students, externs and technicians.
- Monitor, verify and supervise as necessary the work done by the technicians: verify that the patient's medication profile is correctly transcribed, check unit dose cassettes, and check unit dose packaging done by the technicians.
- Prepare and dispense IV solutions as required by home care patients, including standard IV solutions with additives, antibiotic mini-bags, parenteral nutrition solutions and antineoplastic drugs.
- Responsible for the pharmacy stock. Assure that medications are properly stored and rotated. Make a notation when the supply of an item is low.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Pharmacist credentialed from the New York State Education Department Office of Professions obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Minimum of Bachelor of Applied Science in Pharmacology is required.
- Doctorate in Pharmacology is preferred.
- Hospital experience is preferred, but not mandatory. Newly licensed pharmacists will be considered.Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Binghamton , Pharmacist - Staff - NE, Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!