Occupational Therapist - Certified Hand Therapist
Posted on: March 9, 2019
We Are Hiring The Lourdes Rehabilitation Department, part of Lourdes Center for Orthopedic and Sports Medicine is hiring a Full Time Occupational Therapist who is either currently a Certified Hand Therapist or who has the desire to pursue a CHT track. This is a great opportunity for an aspiring Hand Therapist on a CHT career path to be a part of an accomplished collaborative team of hand therapy clinicians. Our Certified Hand Therapist / CHT/ Hand Therapist will establish and administer treatment programs in accordance with the physician's orders and with goals defined by the patients' capacity and tolerance. Therapist will work closely with Board Certified Hand Surgeons and current hand therapy staff. - Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital - Binghamton, NYWhy Join Ascension? Lourdes Hospital, part of Ascension Health (the largest non-profit healthcare system in the country), has provided compassionate care to those in need since 1925. Located in Binghamton, N.Y. Lourdes Center for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine is the area's leading provider for musculoskeletal care. Our Rehabilitation Department prides itself on providing one on one care to the patients we serve with clinicians who are committed to delivering the most comprehensive and skilled therapy available. What You Will Do As an Associate and an Occupational Therapist you will treat all injuries and conditions of the Hand, Wrist, Elbow, and Finger. The job also entails evaluating patients, making Custom Upper Extremity Splints, and recommending proper splints and DME for patients. Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
- Submits service charges in accordance with practice standard and insurance guidelines. What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the New York State Education Department Office of Professions obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited occupational therapist educational program or equivalent required.
- No experience required. Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Binghamton , Occupational Therapist - Certified Hand Therapist, Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!