Posted on: March 9, 2019
We Are Hiring Medical Assistant - Center for Mental Health - FT Days Schedule to be determined 7:30 - 7:00 clinic operating hours Mon- Thurs 7:30 - 5:00 Friday - 184 Court Street - Binghamton, NY More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community. Why Join Ascension? We'd like to invite you on a journey---to a place where healthcare becomes healthier. Here at Lourdes, we're blessed with a rare combination. We offer some of the latest technology medical science offers. And the kind of compassion every patient needs. Lourdes continues our 90+ year legacy of serving individuals in our community as part of Ascension, the largest nonprofit health system in the U.S and world's largest Catholic health system. Ascension Lourdes connects your healthcare through 2,250 doctors, nurses and associates who provide compassionate, personalized care for all from the hospital to the home. Come join our team. What You Will Do Medical assistants are a treasured resource to our healthcare system. As our Medical Assistant (MA), YOU will be entrusted with being the warm and welcoming connection between the patient and healthcare team. YOU will:
- Assist with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record information on patients' charts. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). Education & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prefer AAS degree In Medical Assisting, or completed an equivalent training program, with a minimum of two (2) years experience in a medical office setting.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology; knowledge of basic patient care and medical office practice and procedures; good telephone etiquette required.
- Work experience in a medical office setting preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Binghamton , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!