Specialist - Informatics - Nursing- RN
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Additional Job Information Title: Specialist - Informatics - NursingCity, State: Binghamton, NYLocation: Our Lady of Lourdes Mem HospDepartment: Management Information SystemsAdditional Job Details: FT Days, 40 Hfours, Weekly Monday - Friday 8 - 4:30pmAbout Us Lourdes Hospital, part of Employer, has provided compassionate care to those in need since 1925. In Binghamton, N.Y., the main hospital campus includes a Hospice Program, an Ambulatory Surgery Center, and a Regional Cancer Center. Reaching beyond these boundaries, Lourdes has established a network of primary care physicians at convenient sites throughout the region. The Mission In Motion program, which provides primary care and cancer screening services through two mobile medical vans, makes healthcare accessible to rural populations.Job Description Job Summary:As the Nursing Informatics you will analyze, manage and communicate health information through Nursing-related information systems and applications.Responsibilities In This Role Include:
- You will conduct analysis of clinical and organizational needs. You will identify, designs and evaluate Nursing-related information systems and applications.
- You will readily participate in the development of organizational policies and initiatives related to collecting, managing and communicating Nursing information.
- You will ensure information systems policies, procedures and technologies, in addition to complying with applicable laws and regulations.
- You will design and deliver training materials to educate users about information technologies.
- You will continually utilize knowledge & skills of clinical practice & system functionality to support end user & drive workflow efficiencies.
- You will collaborate with appropriate committees, work groups or task forces to make decisions on use of system functionality.
- You are expected to keep current with healthcare trends, new technology & practices which are appropriate & support Lourdes' mission, values, vision & strategic goals.
- You are expected to keep current with regulatory changes and additionally implement appropriate changes in electronic documentation to support regulatory changes.QualificationsLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York State Education Department Office of Professions obtained within 2 Weeks (14 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certified Certification credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). OR other national certifications in area of speciality recognized by ANCC that are included in the Magnet DDCTEducation & Work Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Clinical network experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Binghamton , Specialist - Informatics - Nursing- RN, Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!