Technologist - Licensed Pratical Nurse- Surgical- Eligible f
Posted on: January 13, 2019
We Are Hiring Technologist - Surgical - Surgery 001 - FT Rotating - Lourdes Hospital - Binghamton, NYWhy Join Employer? We are growing! Thanks to the increased demand for our excellent surgical services at Lourdes, we now offer you the perfect opportunity to join our Operating Room Team. As our Surgical Technologist, you are a crucial part of the operating team. You will work alongside surgeons and nurses in the operating room ensuring that the patient is prepared for surgery and each piece of equipment is sterilized and working perfectly. At Lourdes, our Associates work together to achieve a highly collaborative patient care environment. This leads to more positive outcomes for both you and your patients. We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. Our staff enjoy flexible schedules and shifts and the ability to self-schedule your work time. Our Associates are valued members of the care team and our Unit Based Practice Teams meet daily to present ideas and to act on real and sustainable changes for our healthcare ministry. You will also have access to a wide range of learning opportunities and support by our surgeons, nursing staff and clinical leaders. Personalized care is our calling and teamwork is the way we provide it.What You Will Do As an Associate and a Surgical Licensed Practical Nurse/ Technologist with Lourdes Hospital, in our Operating Room Department, YOU will have the opportunity to share your skills and compassion by providing basic clinical care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.Responsibilities:
- You will prepare surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- You will provide hands required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- You will assist with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- You will maintain instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- You will assist HCP to perform non-invasive prepping of skin & draping patients for surgery.
- You will assist surgeons provision of hemostasis during surgery by handing instruments
- Holds retractor after placement by HCP
- Anticipate instrument needs of a surgeon & other non-licensed tasks.
- Anticipates instrument needs of a surgeon & other non-licensed tasks.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Health Association obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date. If not certified at time of hire or grandfathered. Must meet NYS "diligent & thorough effort" standards.Education & Work Experience:
- Trade School
- Graduate of nationally accredited education program for Surgical Technologist program is required OR has completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the USAF or public health commissioned corps; OR provides evidence of being employed as a surg tech for a minimum of 1 year within the 4 yrs immediately prior to 1/1/15.
- One year experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Binghamton , Technologist - Licensed Pratical Nurse- Surgical- Eligible f, Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!