Registered Nurse - Staff - Hospice - $15,000 Sign-On Bonus
Posted on: January 8, 2019
We Are Hiring Registered Nurse - Staff- Hospice Patient Care Svcs 001 - FT Evenings (2:00 pm - 10:30 pm) - Our Lady of Lourdes Mem Hosp - Binghamton, NY$15,000 Sign-On Bonus More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community Why Join Ascension? Lourdes Hospital, part of Ascension, has provided compassionate care to those in need since 1925. In Binghamton, N.Y., the main hospital campus includes a Hospice Program, an Ambulatory Surgery Center, and a Regional Cancer Center. Reaching beyond these boundaries, Lourdes has established a network of primary care physicians at convenient sites throughout the region. The Mission In Motion program, which provides primary care and cancer screening services through two mobile medical vans, makes healthcare accessible to rural populations. What You Will Do As a Registered Nurse (RN) with our Hospice Patient Care Services department, YOU will be an integral member of the healthcare team ensuring that we meet the needs of our patients. YOU will make an enormous impact and form strong connections with your patients and their families. YOU will:
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Assess patients' actual and potential health problems/needs based upon clinical analysis, identify gaps in care, recommend interventions and assist in discharge functions with collaborating team.
- Follow safety standards. Participate in measures to ensure quality improvement within the organization.
- Adhere to the standards of practice and performance as defined in ANA's "Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice"What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York State Education Department Office of Professions obtained within 2 Weeks (14 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Certification credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). OR other national certifications in area of speciality recognized by ANCC that are included in the Magnet DDCT Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred.
- One year patient care experience preferred.
- Registered Nurse.Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Binghamton , Registered Nurse - Staff - Hospice - $15,000 Sign-On Bonus, Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!