Specialist - Clinical Documentation
Posted on: January 5, 2019
Additional Job Information Title: Specialist - Clinical DocumentationCity, State: Binghamton, NYLocation: Our Lady of Lourdes Mem HospDepartment: HIM Coding DocumentationAdditional Job Details: PT Days, 20 Hours, Weekly20 hours per week, M-F and weekends as neededAbout Us Here at Lourdes, nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That is why we have over 90 years of nurses on the front lines of the care we provide our community, and for that reason, Lourdes Hospital prides itself in employing some of the best nurses in New York State. And while we pride ourselves in having some of the most experienced nurses in the state, we always welcome exceptional new nurses who are eager to join us on their nursing journey. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create a change. At Lourdes we offer flexible staffing based on patient volume so nurses don't get overwhelmed. Here at Lourdes, we also offer self-scheduling or flexible shifts, we continually implement new ways to offer nurses more and better options. Including, helping to identify areas of improvement daily, our nurses also get access to a wide range of learning opportunities and support. To further provide, a highly collaborative work environment that allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care.Come join our nursing team!Job Description Job Summary:As the Clinical Documentation Specialist you will review and collaboratively correct clinical documentation to ensure that the level of patient services provided is accurately and completely documented.Responsibilities In This Role Include:
- You will perform ongoing medical record review by utilizing documentation improvement guidelines to evaluate overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation. Additionally, you will conduct follow-up reviews of clinical documentation to ensure issues discussed and clarified with clinical staff have been recorded in patient's chart.
- You will work with physicians and the medical staff team to improve clinical documentation for more accurate code assignments and a more accurate case mix.
- You will continually establish and maintain a system to track and analyze outcomes of documentation improvement program. In addition you will prepares regular outcome progress reports and presentations as designated to administrative staff and committees.
- You will use performance improvement methodologies and education strategies to develop formal training and improvement programs for staff concerning clinical documentation opportunities, coding and reimbursement issues. You will provide ongoing updates as regulations change.QualificationsLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York State Education Department Office of Professions obtained within 2 Weeks (14 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- A bachelor's degree in Nursing or other health related field and strong medical surgical background is preferred.
- Bachelors Degree preferred, 5 years acute care experience
- Minimum of five years of clinical nursing experience required.
- Strong medical surgical background preferred.
- Experience with utilization management, coding, billing, auditing and various healthcare payors also preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Binghamton , Specialist - Clinical Documentation, Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!