Coordinator - Surgical Service
Posted on: November 26, 2018
We Are Hiring Coordinator - Surgical Service - Sr Surg Te - Surgery 001 - FT Rotating - Our Lady of Lourdes Mem Hosp - Binghamton, NYWhy Join Ascension? We'd like to invite you on a journey---to a place where healthcare becomes healthier. Here at Lourdes, we're blessed with a rare combination. We offer some of the latest technology medical science offers. And the kind of compassion every patient needs. Lourdes continues our 90+ year legacy of serving individuals in our community as part of Ascension, the largest nonprofit health system in the U.S and world's largest Catholic health system. Ascension Lourdes connects your healthcare through 2,250 doctors, nurses and associates who provide compassionate, personalized care for all from the hospital to the home. Come join our team. What You Will Do As an Associate and Surgical Service Coordinator with Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, you will have the opportunity to organize and coordinate the activities and flow of work for the surgical services area.You will:
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to assist with problem identification and resolution, cost containment issues, implementation of new services, and systems/performance measures.
- Coordinate the handling and processing of office administration duties specific to assigned unit or department.
- Assist with the training and scheduling of staff.
- Facilitate the development of standards of care and measurable outcomes based on practice and research.
- Manage daily surgery schedule maintaining communication with all disciplines involved. Coordinates activities between POH, PACU, PSS, SDS, SPD, Anesthesia and the OR.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of aseptic technique. Understands the concept of the sterile field and can move around room without contaminating sterile set-up when bringing patient into the surgical suite. Utilizes the principles of aseptic technique. Under direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, may be required to open instruments and supplies during an emergency procedure.
- Function under surgeon's direction as surgical assistant. Assists surgeon during major general and subspecialty surgical procedures by retracting tissues, maintaining homeostasis and tying suturing material. Assists in maintaining correct count of instruments, sutures, and sponges.
- Anticipate and responds to surgeons and operating room staff's needs in a timely manner.
- Position patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Healthcare Association . Or grandfathered Education & Work Experience:
- HS or Equivalent
- Two (2) years of college preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in assigned service.Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Binghamton , Coordinator - Surgical Service, Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!