Technician - Surgical Aide
Posted on: November 25, 2018
We Are Hiring Technician - Surgical Aide - Surgery 001 - FT Rotating - Our Lady of Lourdes Mem Hosp - Binghamton, NYWhy Join Ascension? We'd like to invite you on a journey…to a place where healthcare becomes healthier. Here at Lourdes, we're blessed with a rare combination. We offer some of the latest technology medical science offers. And the kind of compassion every patient needs. Lourdes continues our 90+ year legacy of serving individuals in our community as part of Ascension, the largest nonprofit health system in the U.S and world’s largest Catholic health system. Ascension Lourdes connects your healthcare through 2,250 doctors, nurses and associates who provide compassionate, personalized care for all from the hospital to the home. Come join our team.What You Will Do As an Associate and Surgical Aide Technician, you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of duties in surgical services to maintain a well-supplied, sterile environment.You will:
- Perform terminal cleaning of each operating room daily, including thorough decontamination of furniture, equipment and air vents.
- Transport case carts, equipment, supplies and dispose of hazardous waste according to policies and procedures.
- Monitor and maintain supply inventories at an appropriate par level.
- Provide physical assistance for patient positioning, lifting and, moving as directed by clinical nursing staff.
- Assume responsibity for using supplies & equipment economically and you will report malfunction of, or broken equipment to appropriate person
- Assume responsibility for logging specimens in log book and ensuring delivery/receipt of specimen to appropriate lab location & staff.
- Assume responsibility maintaining competency in autoclaves & daily tempurature logs, biologicals & daily test cycles.
- Assemble, disassemble, clean & maintain organization of OR specialty equipment.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Education & Work Experience:
- HS or Equivalent required.
- No experience required.Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfEEO is the Law Poster Supplement http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdfPlease note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Binghamton , Technician - Surgical Aide, Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!