RN Registered Nurse Hospital Supervisor
Company: Our Lady of Lourdes Mem, NY
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Job ID: 275775
RN Registered Nurse Hospital Supervisor
Binghamton, New York
Additional Job Information Title:--Supervisor - Nursing - House
City, State:--Binghamton, NY
Location:--Our Lady of Lourdes Mem Hosp
Additional Job Details:--FT Nights,--32 Hours, Weekly
About Us --
Here at Lourdes, nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That is why we have over 90 years of nurses on the front lines of the care we provide our community, and for that reason, Lourdes Hospital prides itself in employing some of the best nurses in New York State. And while we pride ourselves in having some of the most experienced nurses in the state, we always welcome exceptional new nurses who are eager to join us on their nursing journey.
We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create a change. At Lourdes we offer flexible staffing based on patient volume so nurses don't get overwhelmed. Here at Lourdes, we also offer self-scheduling or flexible shifts, we continually implement new ways to offer nurses more and better options. Including, helping to identify areas of improvement daily, our nurses also get access to a wide range of learning opportunities and support. To further provide, a highly collaborative work environment that allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care.
Come join our nursing team!
Job Description Job Summary:
As--the--House Supervisor--you will--coordinate the daily operations of staff to ensure operational units are running effectively and efficiently, in accordance with the policies and procedures established.
Responsibilities In This Role Will Include:
- You will provide oversight for multiple hospital departments in the absence of unit management. You will be responsible to address patient care, staffing, and any other issues that may arise.
- You will assume the responsibility for supervision and administrative decision making for the care and coordination of nursing and patient care services during the evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- You will continually ensure that hospital policies and procedures are followed.
- You will participate in patient care as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Certified--BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained within--1 Month (30 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- Licensed--Registered Nurse--credentialed from the--New York State Education Department Office of Professions--obtained within--2 Weeks (14 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- Certified--Certification--credentialed from the--American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).--OR other national certifications in area of speciality recognized by ANCC that are included in the Magnet DDCT
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required within five (5) years of hire Masters of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Three(3) years of acute care experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations.-- In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.--
Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Our Lady of Lourdes Mem, NY, Binghamton , RN Registered Nurse Hospital Supervisor, Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!