Posted on: November 15, 2023
201 Dates DrSuite 308, Ithaca, New York United States of
AmericaWe are looking for a self-motivated, organized individual
who is passionate about patient care and excited for the
opportunity to independently manage their cases with confidence and
accountability. As a Home Hemodialysis Registered Nurse (HHD RN),
you will be providing education on Home Hemodialysis to your
patients and their care partners in a clinical setting, which then
allows them to dialyze from home. You have responsibility over the
complete ongoing care of each patient to ensure their treatment
stays on track. Dialysis Experience is NOT required. Nephrology
nursing provides a fresh lens and set of skills to those newly
entering the field.What you can expect:
- Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting.
- Apply your "core" nursing skills to assess, diagnose and
implement complete care plans as you look at the whole patient. As
a case manager, you will track and organize your patients. With the
pride of ownership comes the joy of witnessing how your care
impacts patients' lives.
- Empower your patients by teaching them to administer their own
dialysis and to take their health back into their own hands.
- Training patients takes time and mental energy and the rewards
of that investment come in seeing the transformation of your
patients from feeling sick and afraid, to strong, independent, and
able to do the daily things that they love. Educating patients on
their options when it comes to dialysis not only helps them own
their journey, but also expands the program to people who will
benefit greatly from HHD.
- Home RN partners to provide ongoing dialysis treatment
education activities supporting the healthy growth of the home
program. This includes educating new in-center hemodialysis
patients in the clinics.
- Lead, coach and guide with your nursing skills.
- You will work independently, while also building deep
relationships with patients, support systems and care
- Typically, an 8-hour day, Monday through Friday, with weekends
and holidays off!
- Flexibility as you manage your own cases and as a result, own
your own schedule.
- Scheduled home visits and on-call shifts vary by program and
are compensated accordingly.What we'll provide:
- Clear and competitive career growth for a lifetime nursing
- If you are new to dialysis, we'll provide a 9-12 week
paid-training and the support to guide you through to becoming a
- Annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000
scholarship opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement.
100+ CEU courses at no-cost.
- Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental,
vision, 401k match, family resources, pet insurance, mental health
resources, back-up child and elder care and so much more.
- Our culture is filled with compassion, care and the desire to
help our patients, our teammates and their families live their best
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of
- Minimum of 12 months of RN experience
- Current driver's license, reliable transportation and vehicle
insurance in state of residence
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of
nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N);
three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be
substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and OutlookYou
might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Previous Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis, Peritoneal
Dialysis (PD) or Home Hemodialysis (HHD) nursing experience
- Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background
- Previous case management experience
- Familiarity with, or excitement to learn about telehealth
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse
(CDN)Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the
first step at Nurses: if this isn't the job for you, perhaps you
have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this job
link.4021 Stirrup Creek DriveSuite , Durham, North Carolina United
States of AmericaDaVita is an equal opportunity employer - Vet and
Disability.APPLY NOW At DaVita, we strive to be a community first
and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as
"a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity &
Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes
part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals
are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race,
national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
protected characteristic. Salary/ Wage Range$33.00 - $45.00 /
hourCompensation for the role will depend on a number of factors,
including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and
experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a
competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match,
healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more
Keywords: DAVITA, Binghamton , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Ithaca, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!