Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Helio Health
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Registered Nurse (RN)
Helio Health is on a mission to treat and promote recovery from the
effects of substance use, mental health disorders, and other
behavioral healthcare issues. In order to support our mission,
Helio Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to work on a
Full-Time basis for our Inpatient Program. The Registered Nurse
(RN) will provide comprehensive treatment to those affected by
substance use, mental health, and other behavioral health
disorders. This particular position will cover the evening shift.
In addition to Helio Health's comprehensive benefits package,
Full-Time RN's are eligible to receive a Sign-On incentive up to
Work under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, Service Director
and/or Program Director and follows medical orders for patient
- Communicate with supervisor, medical provider and/or Medical
Director regarding patients' medical concerns.
- Monitor patients' medical status, signs and symptoms of
withdrawal and reports to supervisor and/or medical director.
- Work with other medical staff across the agency and in the
community for continuity of patient medical care.
- Communicate with clinical staff regarding patients' medical
- Work directly with patients' in providing medical services,
interpreting medical information and provide recommendations or
make referrals for medical services.
- Develop, recommend, and review medical policies and procedures
for all programs within Syracuse Behavioral Healthcare.
- Advise the agency and ensure the provision of services for
medical and health related issues.
- Provide direct patient care of medical examination,
implementation of medical orders, treatment of medical conditions
and communicable and infectious disease reporting in accordance
with the law.
- Execute and review public health education and screening
protocols with regards to tuberculosis, sexually transmitted
diseases, hepatitis, and HIV prevention and harm reduction in
accordance with Article 27-F of the Public Health law and under the
Mental Hygiene law in coordination with the Medical Director/Nurse
- Implement and carry out a medically based group for patients on
the above topics.
- Serves on special review and quality assurance committees as
- Provide and document medical consultation, assessment,
examination, and treatment planning and review consistent with
agency policy and requirements.
- Other related assignments and duties consistent with training
- Must be a licensed Registered Nurse currently registered by the
New York State Department.
- At least one year of experience, or comparable training in the
treatment of substance abuse and/or substance dependency.
- Basic computer skills required. Our Comprehensive Employee
Benefits Package Includes:
- Overtime and Shift Differential Pay.
- Health insurance including dental and vision for employees and
- Paid Vacation and Sick leave - No Waiting Period for
- Paid holidays, including a floating birthday holiday.
- 401(k) plan with up to 5% company match.
- Company paid short-term disability insurance.
- Company sponsored life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Helio Health provides equal
opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without
regard to race, creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender
identity and sexual orientation), parental status, religion,
national origin, citizenship, status as a victim of domestic
violence, age, military or veteran status, handicap or disability,
family medical history or predisposing genetic characteristics or
carrier status, marital status, family status, political
affiliation, felony conviction record, status as a victim of a
crime, or status as an employee who has complained about
discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated
in an employment discrimination IND123B
Keywords: Helio Health, Binghamton , Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Binghamton, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!